Android tablets and 2 terminals installation

Hello guys, i have an installation which am having an upset with installing.
I have 8 Android Mobile Tablets, 4 indoor and 4 outdoor. The 4 tablets indoor is working properly. Th 4 outdoor is where m having problem with. The 4 outdoor tablets is where I have a problem. There is a seperate bar outdoor, I need the 4 outdoor tablets to send bar orders to the outdoor bar and other other other to same location as the 4 indoor tablets except for the bar indoor.

Hey mate, print jobs and terminal mapping not work foe you? Could you give more information on your setup?

Hello, how is the printer from the outside terminal connected? usb/serial or ethernet?

Are the mobile clients or running rdp?

It connected via USB

They are Mobile Clients

Hello,
there is an windows printer share issue that the mobile clients cannot print to a printer which is shared by another windows computer. Best would be if the printer has an ethernet interface that you connect it via ethernet. then your tickets should print correctly.
Refer to this post https://forum.sambapos.com/t/android-mobile-client-printer-issue/18493/11?u=stanko

2 Likes

Is it an issue? I thought it just needed to be configured on the message server machine?

It’s an issue with mobile client. You need to use networked printers for it.

Guy this is the scenario am facing.

I have a Restaurant/Bar which has an indoor and outdoor and two terminals, One indoor and the other outdoor which are both where the cashiers sit. They are using 8 Android Mobile, 4 indoor and 4 outdoor.
They have one central Kitchen and two bars(1 Indoor and 1 outdoor bar).
I have set all the 4 indoors android tabs to print the to the kitchen and Indoor bar respectively. But i need the 4 outdoor android tabs to print all bar orders to the printer connect to the outdoor terminal which is at the outdoor bar and also to send kitchen order to the central kitchen. how do i make a configuration for this. Thank you.

I have a Restaurant/Bar which has an indoor and outdoor and two terminals, One indoor and the other outdoor which are both where the cashiers sit. They are using 8 Android Mobile, 4 indoor and 4 outdoor.
I have set all the 4 indoors android tabs to print the to the kitchen and Indoor bar respectively. But i need the 4 outdoor android tabs to print all bar orders to the printer connect to the outdoor terminal which is at the outdoor bar and also to send kitchen order to the central kitchen. how do i make a configuration for this. Thank you.

I think you have to set both areas printers to the server and use print mapping.
You specify a terminal name in the app don’t you??

The printers need to be networked printers. Shared printers will not work with mobile app atm. But you just choose the print bill rule that has the print job you need from the apps settings.