[answered]Database questions

Hello I went back in your directions and deleted the settings file.
Everything was fine until I started the copy from the external hard drive.
Now I am locked out again. I am just about to place an ad for paid services in the proper
section and see if someone has the ability and time to do it for me via teamviewer.
I am very frustrated here.

Thanks for your time,
Paula

Explain your steps you did when you say you started the copy from external HD.

Donā€™t worry your data is ok. Your learning how to manipulate and use the database to your advantage. Donā€™t get frustrated you will get it with our help. This will be very valuable to you once you understand how it works. SSMS is a great tool in these situations. It can help you understand your connect string mistakes.

Show us a screenshot of the error and your string.

I have one copy on my tower, I created the button with the rule, action and automation command.
then when I try to start up the copy on the external hard drive it locks me out with the pink window.
I cannot seem to access the F:\ProgramData\SambaPOS\SambaPOS4\SambaSettings.txt on the external try to duplicate the process.
I cannot get the studio program to read the external drive.

Thanks again
Paula

First be sure to create the button setup on both databases once we get you going again. Donā€™t run it until you set it up in both.

If itā€™s the same computer then there is only one settings file.

deleting it would connect back to your original db. Open SSMS and check name of second DB.

PS I highly recommend upgrading to full SQL express 2014. Donā€™t do it yet though until we get your switch setup working in localdb.

1 Like

this is silly but I think I only have one database that both are working from.
I only see one in studio. I think I messed up on making a second database

You have two. One is called 1963

yes, I tried that one. something is strange there is not data in it, I tried importing my full backup from my zip file and it closes the app.
:-(I really feel stupid here.

How did you import your backup? What did you use to make the backup?

I made the backup through the app and imported the zip file.
I bought the modules it has always worked beforeā€¦

Can you show the error its showing?

1 Like

Here is a screenshot of what I get when I switch. I called the switch button ā€œadminā€
As you can see I have no menu available.

Thanks again,
Paula

Is that the new db or your original?

1 Like

it is the new. sorry for the delay the restaurant was busy today and i just got home. i donā€™t know if this is important or not but the name of the database is the same as my admin password. I did not create that database intentionally.

paula

So it restored some stuff like command buttons? But menu is empty?

1 Like

Yes, it is really strange. Maybe I should just start all over.
I am missing an important point here, that two databases can be run from one copy of Samba.

Paula

Can you check if Menu correctly assigned to Ticket Type?

2 Likes

Yes, I will check. It looks correct, I just checked it.
Thank you

1 Like