API Extension - Account Transactions

Hi @emre its a new day and just another mention, sorry…

Can I please request an API to create Account Transaction Documents. I not sure if Account Transactions (Inside Ticket) is relevant also.

RATIONALE:

As we can create Entities and Entity Accounts it is relevant we should be able to post Debit & Credit Balances to their Accounts.

Fox example we may have a foreign system “Local” or “Online” that accepts payments. The payment is then required to be posted to SambaPOS against a Customer Account for outstanding Purchases.

Debits & Credit must be considered as Invoice Balances may also be posted from foreign Invoicing Systems.

NOTE:
I do not wish to hold this up but Q - we should of asked for Inventory Documents and Transactions as well :pensive:

Emre if we are to build a more extensive and usable API Account Transaction Documents are very important.
Please consider and advise as my other options are having to save {SETTING:x} variables field x field and Record x Record :disappointed:

Sample Syntax?
api.AccountTransactionDocument(name).Create(Account,AccoundID,Date,Description,Amount);

1 Like

ADDITIONAL API SUPPORT:

Pseudo Syntax?

api.AccountTransactionType(name).Exists();
api.AccountTransactionType(name).Create(AcountTypeName);

api.AccountDocumentType(name).Exists();
api.AccountDocument(name).Create(AcountDocumentName);
api.AccountDocument(name).PrintMappingSet(PrinterName);
api.AccountDocument(name).MappingSet(MappingName,MappingData);

Account Transaction

Account Document

I personally will not immediately use the Extensions above as on each install our guide will be to establish these Accounts Types & Documents. If, however, configuration tasks were to be used to dynamically configure SambaPOS then these extensions will ultimately be required.

[EDITED:] 1st post to include sample syntax.

1 Like