Ask Question - Portion Button followed by another Ask Question for Order Tags

Do we have a tag for Order Tags, like we do for Portion Buttons?

Im having an issue adding an order tag via ask question immediately after using an ask question to add portion.

For example Gin and Tonic:

• Select the required gin product from menu
  • Ask question pops us to select portion (this all works fine)
  • The a second ask questions pops up to add the order tag, in this case the tonic, but it doesnt get added

i can successfully setup the 2nd ask question to display the tonic order tags but when pressed they do not add the order tag.

Im assuming its because as soon as the portion is applied the order is added to the ticket and is NOT selected so the 2nd ask question for tonic cant be applied as there is no order selected to apply it to?

I have tried numerous things such as adding a select last order action but this disappears when the 2nd ask question is fired

ive also tried moving the 2nd ask question to a portion changed rule but again it doesnt apply the order tag

Any ideas?

Also did this ever get implemented that JTRTech suggested a couple years ago - having an order tag button setup for an ask question so we could have {PORTION BUTTONS} and also {ORDER TAG BUTTONS:} @emre is this something you could implement as would save time and make any changes required to order tags much quicker and simpler using an ask question

You need to select the order again. Once you add portion order is no longer selected. look at select orders action.

I did that by adding the select last order action but when applying the order tag the item is de selected before the tag is added so doesnt get added

ill try again tonight

You can possibly use gql as well.

You might need to split from withan execute automation command.

1 Like

yea i used a setup i saw on the forum using a script which worked, but failed again a the point of adding the order tag