Asking font type

Hi,

I am looking for what kind of font type in below receipt :

I see there is some space character after comma “,” for numbering. And I also see different on font width than my printing result on my printer EPSON TM-T82 below :

Is there any different default font type for every thermal printer?

Thanks in advance.

If your using ticket/POS mode for printer the font is defined by the printer, samba sends the data ‘digitally’.
Some printers will allow font selection but fairly limited.
If your looking for more control you may want to look at HTML or document type option for printer/template. These methods render the receipt on the computer and pass to printer as a raster type image preprocessed.
That method can be slower on some printers.

Hi, JTRTech.

Thanks you for your response and explanation.
One question, have you ever know the type of printer which using the font in the top image?
Since I just have 1 test printer, and user expect the result as in the top image
If I am using HTML format, the result is not the same. And I still dont know yet, what is the font type.

Thank you.

I’ve used many printers but can’t recall seeing like your image. You could also try changing the code page (character set) on the printer, they may use different fonts.

The font is the printer font. There isn’t a “font type”. Different printers use different fonts, but none of them have names.

You have a printout showing what you want, so I assume you have or have access to the printer that created it? Just check what model that printer is and buy one, problem solved.

Alternatively, use HTML Printer or Document Printer and set the font to a monospace type of font (i.e. each character takes up the same amount of space). Have a look in your fonts folder in Windows to see any font that does what you want with the comma - in Windows 10 go to settings and type “fonts” into the search. For each font, once you click it you get a preview where you can type in some text to see how it’s displayed. Or you can search Google fonts where you can get free fonts and maybe find one that matches your requirements.

In Google Fonts, set the filter to “monospace” and change the sample text for all, then you can quickly find one that might be suitable.

2018-12-18_03-35-43

This one looks like a good choice:

1 Like