Asterisk as server on work period report

I have a amount listed with an asterisk as the server. Happened 3 times now and there’s no ticket for any of them.

Hmm seems like somehow you have a user named (*)… Can you check that?

Checked my users for an (*) but there isn’t one. I was wrong about it not showing in my tickets too as you can see in the pics (but the totals of the tickets don’t add up to the number on the work period report??).

I created “Servers” as entities a while back so we could transfer tables and though this is a brand new issue for me I have noticed it’s the same server (SHARON) responsible for these tickets. Is it possible the “server” is conflicting with the “user” somehow?

Also, the same item (TUESDAY CRAFT) is on both tickets. Only reason I bring it up is because that used to be a button for an old item that I switched to this roughly around the same time this started happening.

Thank you for explanation. Default (non existing, null) Entity’s name is (*). So if you’re setting user name as server name and while you’re doing it no server selected for ticket it may appear as *.

How can she open a ticket without being tagged as the server?

I didn’t understand this question. What I’m calling as server is your Server Entity.

What I mean is how can a user open a ticket without the Server Entity automatically being linked to it?

Maybe your automation for linking the entity is not working like you hoped? Share some of that automation with us? We might spot the issue.

Thanks again! It was my “Add Ticket” button… Simple action and rule fixed it.

Hey Emre,
I’m having this same issue. Could you help explain?

I don’t have a server named “", but it keeps showing up in the reports. In the database order table, "” is showing up as “CreatingUserName” on some of the entries. What action or rule would change the user name to the server name?

Thanks for all of you’re hard work on this! It’s pretty awesome!

If that’s what I think it is is you have a rule/action creating/loading a ticket after logout.
This is solved by delaying or setting background to true via automation command to second rule.
If you run through your flow and monitor the username in the bottom right.
You notice one of you rules is triggering logout before another rule is happening.
When you see the username in bottom left go blank/asterisk you will hove found the problem rule.

Please kindly explain how you fixed this. I am also in a mess

Check your automation, you have a auto.ation that is reopening/loading a ticket or something like that.
Maybe use rule debugger to see what rules are happening when.
Also keep an eye on where it shows user on bottom right of screen, this will show * when I a no user state.

Solved. I unchecked the server auto logout user checkbox