Auto logout after every tranasaction & Change Due message box

Add a Logout User Action to your Rule after the Display Message Action.

I have done this but it doesnt work (well it kind of does) when i add the logout user action all that happens all the buttons at the bottom of the screen ie, main menu, keyboard, department disappear and all the button on the screen lock so they cant be used apart from the log out button. the only way to do a sale now is to hit the logout button and log back in, but this is the same action i use for the logout button and that works fine taking me back to the main menu to log in

I dont know why when i add logout user action after my message action it only half logs the pos out and doesnt actually take you back to the log in screen???

instead of calling the action directly to display popup… make an action to call an automation command … then when that command is executed it will execute the message… try to insert the logout action there.

So instead of having the Disxplay Message Action in your fast cash rule you would have the Execute automation command in that rule. THis would separate the two processes.

I dont know if it will work but worth a try.

any chance you could show my some screen shot to create? i cant get the message popup action in the automated command i dont think im doing it right :frowning:

This seems to work… put the Logout User action in a Ticket Closed Rule.

Here is the Update Application Subtitle with LAST SALE Tutorial:

Hello. Show message action does not blocks action execution so user log out action works before user closes message box. This probably prevents screens from switching. Either logout before displaying message box or use Ask Question action with a single OK button instead of message box. If it does not work assigning logout action to an automation command will work.

You can read more about Ask Question Action here.

hi @QMcKay your method works perfectly if i use the payment screen to settle the ticket i am logged out after the transaction is closed. I cant get this to work with my fast payment buttons, if i leave my fast payment buttons setup as they are the close ticket&logout functions does work, however when clicking on on the message box, it logs you out (which is what i want) but then another message box appears on the log in screen and when i click ok on that it logs you back in, but to the screen i had before where the main menu and department buttons are missing and nothing works unless you click the logout button and then log back in. here are my screen shots

ticket processed using fast cash £5

Pressing ok logs me out but displays another message box

pressing ok again logs me back in to this screen (bottom right main menu button has gone as have all the buttons on the bottom left) I now have to manually click my log out button and log back in

ive tried various combinations of taking the message box off from logout&message rule and fast cash rule, and changed the order of log out and message actions but this stops it from working

fast cash £5 rule

message&logout rule

any more ideas?

i really appreciate your help

rick

Its because your telling it to display the message twice. Try taking Display message out of the Ticket Closed rule

It is causing a misbehavior with switching screens.

I guess I need to set up some Fast Payment buttons to see where the problem lies… can you tell me which guide you read for your implementation? Was it this one?

While I get to configuring that, you could try what @emre suggested: use an Ask Question action to display the Change, instead of a Show Message action. Like this:

Action Name: AC Show Change Message and Logout Confirmation
Action Type: Ask Question
Question: [:message]
Buttons: Ok=y

Rule Name: RU Ticket Closed Show Change Message
Event: Ticket Closed

Action Constraint: [=TN('{CHANGE TOTAL}')]>0

@QMcKay Look at his rules he is pulling the Display Message twice. He needs to take it out of the Ticket Closed rule and it should work perfect.

LOL! You’re correct @Jesse, didn’t notice that… I tend to glaze over things after a while.

I actually like the Ask Question action better though… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks nice!

Hi i thought that and tried it but it still doesnt work, ill try the ask question action

@QMcKay heres my fast cash £5 setup screens

ACTION

AUTOMATION COMMAND & MAPPING

RULES

hope that helps

I just replicated your issue… and it works perfect for me by putting logout user on ticket closed… It calculated my change correctly… put it in the message then logged out… works perfect.

i dont no why its not working for me, and ive just done the ask question way you suggested (nice coloured box i do actually prefer that) but logout works on payment screen but the ask message box doesnt appear?

Logout user should be ONLY in Ticket Closed rule. Display Message is in your Fast Cash rule.

@RickH, see what @Jesse is telling you. Put the Display Message Action on Close Ticket rule only, and remove it from your Fast Payment Rule:

Actually it should be the opposite @QMcKay Keep the message in the Fast Cash rule… but the ONLY thing that should be in ticket closed rule is Logout User

The only issue I see with this method… if you park a ticket… it will logout user as well. I am really not a fan of making it Logout user after every transaction.

Something I was going to try and build is a Auto Timeout function using a trigger set to run every 5 minutes… and an action/rule set that checks if ticket is open or not if not it logs out user. Do not know if its possible but its in my plans to try.

Ok, I replicated the issue. To resolve it, I removed the Close Ticket action from the Fast Payment Rule, and put it in a Payment Processed Rule (which incidentally is where I’ve always had it).

Notice there is no Close Ticket action in the Automation Command rule above, instead it is in the Payment Processed rule below.

The Show Message (or Ask Question) action to display Change Due is in a Ticket Closed rule, as seen below:

Using Fast Payment L50 with NO Change Due results in the Ticket being closed and the User Logout:

Using Fast Payment L50 with Change Due results in the Ticket being closed, Change Message displayed, and once you click OK the User Logout action executes:

ticket closed rule

fast cash rule

doesnt work for me, message box appears but when clicking OK the pos screen stays on and the main menu and other bottom buttons vanish and my manual log out button also doesnt work

this is so frustrating i just dont understand why it works for you and not me