Auto Navigate Module Start up Issue | Ft. Kitchen Display Refresh Issue solved with Broadcast Message Action

Auto refresh needs to be turned on with 0 as interval for the ticket operations to refresh screens.

You should not use auto refresh interval of more than 0 it will cause it to lag tremendously.

Yes we need more work for a true KDS system with tasks. There are some unsolved issues.

I havenā€™t tried but would a Broadcast Message action force a screen fresh on all terminals?

NyjT5O0WpE

1 Like

I just went to test this, it seems working.
I will run a bit more tests and report back.

Hi Bob, I just went with a little more test with fresh system reboots,
Turned the Auto refresh on and inteval to 0,
which if it was before, this will lead to the 1 step behind problem.
but I put a Broadcast Message action into the KD - Refresh automation rule,
Now, the screens sync immediately.

So I think that solved this. Thank you for your suggestion. much appreciated!

1 Like

Glad itā€™s seems to be working.

Actually, I should thank you for being my ā€œLab Ratā€. I just encountered a similar problem last week. An order was marked as completed on one terminal, but on another terminal it wasnā€™t updated (it was already on the kitchen display). It has worked fine for the last 5 months flawlessly. I thought just a fluke incident. But now that this fix might work, I will implement it our production system.

** :smiling_imp: Muahahahaha [rubs hands together] My fiendish plan came together!

3 Likes

Love to be a Lab rat if it actually works :smiley:

Since you mentioned, you know what, I first built the system with the 3 terminals, and they were syncing all fine, until, I copy-pasted the wrong printing template into the KD template with HTML codes, and the task cannot be marked anymore, every time I try to mark it complete, it will crash the whole system.

SO I went a bit digging and found a database task that shared here

And after executing the task, it did clear all the messed up tickets on KD Task Editor. but that is when I started to have this sync issue. Thought I might share this as well if this can be helpful when someone from SambaPOS try to solve the codes side of things.

But Thank you again for the suggestion, it really helped a lot!

1 Like

There is a known issue with task and refresh. We have never figured it out.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, did you try putting check-mark to disable cache (under the Settings options)?..with the Broadcast Message removed, with auto refresh enabled & set to 0.

S0PQEfiHht

It is ticked at the moment

same with KD food.

1 Like

I have tried the Disable Cache before this, and it is still the same problem.
Yesterday, Nizam from SambaPOS support was playing around in the settings with me,
this was particularly what he was looking into.

The cache disable method worked before I executed that Task Clear task in SambaPOS.

1 Like

Thanks for checking. Iā€™ve read people trying the Auto Refresh and the Time. I havenā€™t read anybody trying to disable cache.

Thanks for checking for me and letting me know what you found out.

From what Iā€™ve read, @Nizam does a great job at helping people.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been with refresh issue in kd screen since I started to use it, i tried disabling cache and worked a couple of days but then it failed to refresh again, right now Iā€™m clicking the entity screen with an autohotkey script to keep kd screen updated, i donā€™t remember if I tried refreshing with automatation but this is my experience with KDS screen, i read that mark had this kind of issue and emre was following that issue but I donā€™t know if he found anything

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know your experience.

I remember following that discussion too. I donā€™t think anything was resolvedā€¦if I remember right.

For me, I donā€™t know itā€™s an issue or a 1 time fluke. Iā€™ll do some testing next week to find out.

1 Like

Yeah, the first thing I thought to try was to use auto-refresh, but I have another set up at a different site, I used the auto-refresh with entity screens on that for the delivery orders, it dragged the system in a strange laggy way.

But I especially want to mention what Nizam did with the KD-drink screen, he left the tick box unchecked, and the interval set to 1. This seemed not lagging at all, as I left the system on that with multiple orders in, and it did not do what I had experienced with the other system.

And yes, Nizam has been helpful very much!

I suppose if you do not tick the tickbox, it is not auto-refreshing technically? Maybe @Jesse can answer that better.

But I still prefer your way with the broadcast method, it is much more reliable I feel, as this way we know what is doing what, and you know for sure, if the rules are triggered correctly, it will refresh.

Correct it is not auto refreshing. You really want to avoid auto refresh unless you set it to refresh every 30 seconds or 1 min. Anything faster results in unneeded lag. It will do a lot of queries depending on how much is built into the tasks etc.

Once we get some time I really want to visit the kitchen screen.

That is something really interesting,
as in Nizamā€™s attempt, he left the box unticked and set the Interval to 1 on the KD-Drink Screen, which in theory shouldnā€™t do anything I suppose.

But strangely enough, the KD-drink screen refreshes because of this, and the KD-food wasnā€™t when Box ticked and Interval 0.

He was probably experimenting honestly. I would have done that myself. However I know for a fact we never resolved this. I do not think the auto refresh has anything to do with it.

Iā€™m not entirely convinced this is what caused it to work. We did some extensive tests and it really seemed random. Although nothing is really random we never figured it out. We also experienced odd results.

Tickets being entered to system triggers refreshes. It will even refresh the navigation screen however I think that is only for physical terminals with message server connected. GQL Terminals will not trigger that same refresh and need the message for it.

Do you know if the Entity Screensā€™ View Type (Custom or Layout) has any effect of the auto refresh bug? (just trying to help isolate/rule out possibilities)

I know Iā€™m using Custom.