Auto Navigate Module Start up Issue | Ft. Kitchen Display Refresh Issue solved with Broadcast Message Action

I’ve been with refresh issue in kd screen since I started to use it, i tried disabling cache and worked a couple of days but then it failed to refresh again, right now I’m clicking the entity screen with an autohotkey script to keep kd screen updated, i don’t remember if I tried refreshing with automatation but this is my experience with KDS screen, i read that mark had this kind of issue and emre was following that issue but I don’t know if he found anything

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know your experience.

I remember following that discussion too. I don’t think anything was resolved…if I remember right.

For me, I don’t know it’s an issue or a 1 time fluke. I’ll do some testing next week to find out.

1 Like

Yeah, the first thing I thought to try was to use auto-refresh, but I have another set up at a different site, I used the auto-refresh with entity screens on that for the delivery orders, it dragged the system in a strange laggy way.

But I especially want to mention what Nizam did with the KD-drink screen, he left the tick box unchecked, and the interval set to 1. This seemed not lagging at all, as I left the system on that with multiple orders in, and it did not do what I had experienced with the other system.

And yes, Nizam has been helpful very much!

I suppose if you do not tick the tickbox, it is not auto-refreshing technically? Maybe @Jesse can answer that better.

But I still prefer your way with the broadcast method, it is much more reliable I feel, as this way we know what is doing what, and you know for sure, if the rules are triggered correctly, it will refresh.

Correct it is not auto refreshing. You really want to avoid auto refresh unless you set it to refresh every 30 seconds or 1 min. Anything faster results in unneeded lag. It will do a lot of queries depending on how much is built into the tasks etc.

Once we get some time I really want to visit the kitchen screen.

That is something really interesting,
as in Nizam’s attempt, he left the box unticked and set the Interval to 1 on the KD-Drink Screen, which in theory shouldn’t do anything I suppose.

But strangely enough, the KD-drink screen refreshes because of this, and the KD-food wasn’t when Box ticked and Interval 0.

He was probably experimenting honestly. I would have done that myself. However I know for a fact we never resolved this. I do not think the auto refresh has anything to do with it.

I’m not entirely convinced this is what caused it to work. We did some extensive tests and it really seemed random. Although nothing is really random we never figured it out. We also experienced odd results.

Tickets being entered to system triggers refreshes. It will even refresh the navigation screen however I think that is only for physical terminals with message server connected. GQL Terminals will not trigger that same refresh and need the message for it.

Do you know if the Entity Screens’ View Type (Custom or Layout) has any effect of the auto refresh bug? (just trying to help isolate/rule out possibilities)

I know I’m using Custom.

It’s not a screen refresh issue it’s a task issue. For some reason the tasks don’t refresh without a manual automation. It’s specific to tasks. Ticket lister is fine.

1 Like