Automatically adding expenses

I have an account Taxa de Serviço which is the waiters salary. Is there any way to addid in the end of the work period automatically to my SALARIES expenses?

Thanks!!!

G.

You can create a new transaction type and create it automatically with Create Account Transaction action.

YES!!!

That i have done…

I created a new transaction… and a new rule that executes the Create account transaction action…

the problem is that I dont know what to use (as allways) inside the [] to get the total of the TAXA DE SERVICO,

Thanks!!!

G

“[:BALANCE]” should work or just set it for balance in the document type

1 Like

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I tried balance in the document type and it brings me the whole Account balance… not correct…

G.

What are you trying to transfer? You said total so I assume you wanted the entire balance of the salaries transfered.

Yes, but the total each time it makes a transaction is an error… I have prepaired a rule that fires when work period is closed, so it should transfer work period balance…

THANKS!!!

G

That’s an issue with the structure of the rule if its doing it every transaction. Your rule is not working for just work period.

The rule works as expected, every end of work period… The problem is that the BALANCE tag is the whole account balance… wich is not correct.

Thanks!!!
G.

I guess I am confused on what you want sorry.

That won’t (shouldn’t) work with periodic balances. As you create account transactions Taxa servico account balance should decrease to zero so on each work period end you can transfer whole account balance. As your account already have a balance It might be useful to create a Corrections account, transfer Taxa Servico balance to Corrections once to start with zero balance.

1 Like

is there any way to get the taxa de serviço amount in each work period to transfer to salaries?

Thanks!!!

G

I think your confused. Because what I told you is correct and emre told you how to correct the current balance. So once you correct the current balance of past transactions it will do each work period.

Exactly that is what I was asking for… is there any tag that has the whole TAXA DE SERVICO amount for the work peridod, forget about the account at this point… is there a tag like ticket total or entity data…

If not… i will try @Emre´s solution… but seems complicated to me…

THANKS!!!

G.

No, there is not a way to do it like you mentioned. It would be unnecessary. What he explained transfers the balance which is what I was suggesting.

You would move current balance into a separate account so you can still track it and it would start you with zero balance in the TAX DE SERVICO account. You already have it setup you just need to make the move of the current balance over to a separate account.

You don’t have to setup anything complicated just keep your current rules, actions, etc which you made. Your setup is working as intended. All you need to do is transfer your old transactions over to a Corrections account once

2 Likes

What I am saying is your making it more complicated than it is… your rule is setup perfectly… its working correctly. All you need to do is move your current balance into a separate account. You can call it Corrections if you think you might do similar changes later down the road to other accounts or just call it TAX DE SERVICO(OLD).

Your balance will then be 0. Now the next time you do transactions it will populate it with fresh work period data… when you close work period it will transfer that new balance and take it back to 0 for next work period… It will not touch the old account. So basically it will be transferring each work period total exactly like you wanted.

What you were asking for was infinitely more complex than the simple solution emre was explaining.

Its really that simple. Basically the only thing you need to do at this point is transfer the balance you have now into a holding account just for your reference so you can track the old money before you started this process.

1 Like

I thought that maybe as we have all the info there when we close the work period, that maybe there where tags for that info… so if there where those tags the rule would be exceptinally easy to set up.

THANKS!!!

G.

Its really not that it would be hard for emre to do that. Its that it would make a simple process more complex than it should be. To be accurate with accounting if you are transfering balances from one account to another you need to start with zero balance to remove any possible confusion and prevent mistakes in the future.

He probably could implement something that does that, but it would only make the accounting more complex to read than it should be.

Example why keep an old balance in the account that you are transfering at close every day. Eventually after a year or whenever your accounting resets… in the US its a year, you would still have that old balance there and it would make your accounting inaccurate if you were to reference it.

Another way to make my point… if you do it the way you are asking… your account will ALWAYS have that balance and it would never be accurate.

the keyword is TRANSFER…I want to add the wnd of period value of the taxa de serviço into SUELDOS…

Transfer would be an error. I want to add it… sorry for that error, should not have sayed TRANSFER.

Thnaks!!!

G.

That would be redundant… I assume its so you can still see how much you took in for that work period… you will still see that amount… here is an example

As you can see I collected 9.00 as tips your account for reference is “TAX DE SERVICO”. At the end of the work period I always transfer the tips into an expense account showing that I paid it out to my employees. My expense accounts are the Employees names your expense account you want to move money too is “SUELDOS”

Before Work Period End:

After Work Period End

As you can see you can still see how much you took in for that work period even after the move. It will not get lost in your expense account if you have multiple expenses feeding into it.

1 Like