Automation Command Buttons on Account Screens Not Working

Hi I currently have the following button set up on my main account screen that I called “Current Shift Details” all of the command buttons when on this screen work perfectly, as shown below

What I have done now is created a few more screens, for example floats, petty cash

I now want to put the Auto Command buttons for “balance float” and “balance petty cash” onto those respective screens, INSTEAD of on the main “Current Shift Details” screen. This issue i have is that when i move the button off “current shift details” screen and onto any other screen they do not work. If i move them back to the current shift details screen they work fine

any idea what i have done that stops them working when moving to a different screen?

What exactly are these buttons doing? What actions are they calling?

Here is the example for Balance float

Open a work period and automatically prompted to enter float value

Account screen shows cash balance of 50.00 (float just entered)

now at the end of the day i want to balance the float so nothing is carried over to the next day so i have setup the automation command buttons to do a “Create Account Transaction Document” so when i press them i can type in a value to balance the float back to zero. (i do the same for petty cash etc and move any shortages/overs to my shrinkage account)

heres the balance float screenshots

Click balance float

keypad appears to type value of float to remove

this balances the float values

On my float account screen

you will see the balance float button on my float account screen but when pressed it does nothing, it should do what ive shown in screen shots above. the button only works when pressed on main account screen, when i add it to the float screen it doesnt work. IT USED TO i dont know what ive done that has stopped it, i want to move the buttons from the main screen and put them on the separate account screens instead, but i cant if they dont work. the same happens with the petty cash button too

It may have to do with the Accounts that are available on the screen in question.

Test with a simple Show Message Action to see if it displays a message via Automation Command on any/all Account Screens. If that doesn’t work, then we have a problem, but I just tried this myself in v4.1.73 and the message appears no matter which Account Screen I place the Automation Command on.

Hi they did used to work on all screens i dont know why they have stopped

ive just done what you suggested but it only works from my "current Shift"account screen and no others

That’s odd. Someone else reported this same issue. I see you are using v4.1.71 … I wonder if this other user was on the same version, and it is specific to v4.1.71… can you upgrade to at least 72 and test again?

Actually it only doesnt work on Petty Cash account screen and Float account screen, ive found the problem the account type display details needs to be ticked to allow the buttons to work, i didnt want to see all the lines just one so i disabled it. with the box ticked it all works again

so the account screen changes from this

to this

so for automation buttons to work an different account screens the account type MUST have the Display Details option ticked.

@emre is there any reason for this? or is it a bug? I dont really need to see all the details as there is just 1 item on the account screen if this cant be changed for the automation buttons to work its not a big deal ill just keep the display details option checked

I got this to work while having Display Details UNchecked, but it fails to work if Display as Tree is unchecked, so you can try that:

Uncheck Display Details, but Check Display as Tree.

Strange indeed - not sure why there would be any reason for this behavior.

yep that works as well, thanks

I was going to change this topic to Question instead of Issue but it seems there might actually be some small detail @emre may need to look at or clear up before we are sure its really an Issue or not. As @QMcKay pointed out below it seems there could be an issue with Display Details Toggle.

Automation commands on accounting screen intended to do stuff with accounts or entities linked to accounts selected on screen. For example it can be crediting selected account with a question popup… So when there is no account selected on screen (for example a tree node or an account category selected) these commands becomes unavailable.

We need a third automation command value mapping other than account and entity. I’ve added it to the list.

2 Likes

Hi @emre, it would be great help if you could show the purpose and way of using the automation command on accounts with a simple example.

That should work fine on next update.

Still not working @emre.

I noticed the new mapping, and tried changing it to None, but the change is not being saved.
I also tried changing to to Entity just for kicks, and it won’t save that change either.

I’ve fixed it but I’m wondering something. I’ve noticed if you click Select link after changing Command Parameter it persists fine.

Does it work when you can change it to none?

Yes, you’re correct. If I change them to None, then click Select link, then Save, the changes are saved and the buttons work as expected, with no need to check Display as Tree or Display Details.

1 Like