Automation Command Template calling a script

Hi, I am calling script in an automation command template whithout any parameters this way:

{CALL:abr.getUserStatus()}

I need to add a parameter in the script call, but when I do that, the parameter is not passed along the call. I need to send the current user id in the call ({:CURRENTUSERID}.

This does not work:

{CALL:abr.getUserStatus({:CURRENTUSERID})}

How do I enter the parameter in this second call?

Thanks,

use ‘’
{CALL:abr.getUserStatus(‘{:CURRENTUSERID}’)}

Doesn’t work, it passes ‘{:CURRENTUSERID}’ as a string instead as the value of the current user Id.

1 Like

What am I doing wrong?

Those are 2 different bethods of triggering.
I would first check that paramiter is available in the entiry screen command button senario by senting just the tag as command value to a command rule with a show message.
Make sure the tag is valid in your use case.
Next test would be to pass a static value to test the flow using a known value.
If that works posibly issue in that perticular instance/senario of using compounded curlie expressions.

I don’t believe CURRENTUSERID is a valid tag. Use CURRENTUSER then select the id from the users table.

CURRENTUSERID is valid, I tested it before and works, also I tested with a static value and it works.

Where can I find documentation about the tags that I can use in each place?

I’m having issues firing a rule from an automation command in the first navigation screen so I switched to an entity screen, but now the tag does not work. Any idea?

I don’t think there’s one location with all the available tags. For report stuff, there is a thread.

Try a call to a script that returns just a static string and see if it shows where you want it to. There may be places where scripts won’t be run.

Unless things have changed in the latest release, any modifications to a script requires a logout and login to refresh them.

use {SETTING:CURRENTUSERID}

etc
{CALL:abr.getUserStatus(‘{SETTING:CURRENTUSERID}’)}

Thanks, this way it worked good

Is there a tag for the actual date time?

For tags you can use {DATE:format} where format is what DateTime.ToString(string) accepts in C#.

C#'s DateTime object is exposed in the scripting engine. So var dt = DateTime.Now.ToString(); will assign the date and time to dt in the current culture’s format. You can use a string to format the date in ToString’s overloaded constructor. So DateTime.Now.ToString('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.fff') will return Now in SQL’s date format.