Automation Key Pad

@emre any ideas on this, ive got the keypad working and have also have a decimal input. the numbers and decimals work perfect so long as the value is greater than 1. if i try to do anything between 0 and 0.99 it doesnt work. when i press 0 thats fine but then when i press the decimal button it erases the 0 and puts in the decimal.

Decimal works if it is greater than zero e.g. 1.01 upwards works fine, any ideas why it doesnt for less than 1?

also is there a way to use the keyboard codes somewhere here to make the custom product buttons behave like backspace, enter etc? in the custom keyboard we can use <backspace> or <enter> or use the other keyboard commands, is this possible here?

@RickH PM me a backup.

Imagine the less than 1 is because it treats 0 value as no value maybe…

1 Like

@RickH it infers with code that works while it processes menu item quantity. I can solve it but honestly your previous custom keyboard based implementation was great. Other than processing decimal separator there are some other stuff numberpad handles so carrying it inside menu will force you to deal with them. Of course it is possible to handle it via JScript but it will unnecessarily duplicate features that already exists or we need to solve issues we already solved with numberpad. I’ve implemented features for custom keyboards to allow more flexibility but seems like you changed your mind and want numberpad features inside menus.

I’m facing with something similar about menu switching related requests. We implemented menu switching features but now we came to a point where it makes menu switching useless and having a single menu that acts like a multiple menu. So I feel like I’m implementing unnecessary features while we trying to find the best solution. I can’t fully focus on this and reveal real need as it more relates with retail and I’m not familiar with it as I’m on restaurant area. So I mean I’ll be glad if you can help me to understand the issue we’re trying to solve here. So I’ll be able to focus on how we should handle numberpad or menu switching related stuff.

1 Like

@RickH have had a though, if numberpad doesn’t support 0 then find another field which does?

Program setting?

It’s another step in the rule but rather than direct numberpad pull in numberpad update action maybe try.

Update program setting
{setting:custom keyboard numberpad}[:CommandValue]

Set numberpad
Setting:custom keyboard numberpad}

It it works you would need to remember to build in clear setting actions in to other rules.

As for ENTER what is being entered?
Could you not do a sequence of actions on an automation command rule which validate the numberpad value to work what it is?

BACKSPACE should be active able easily with a script to trim one number of the end.