Bar And restaurant setup with same waiters

Continuing the discussion from Take order from different departments:

hi pals
This is what i want ,tell me the best way to go about

Use print jobs and item mapping.

I have defined bar and restaurant operations using tables,different entities mapped to different department that is i have bar tables and restaurant tables,
The question is ,i want my waiters to access both departments ,by restricting terminals with departments. Kindly advice

Last time I looked at departments you couldn’t use two on same ticket. Not sure if that’s changed.
What was reasoning for using departments? Reporting?

1 Like

You can’t use two on one ticket.

1 Like

By default all my terminals indicate they are logged in Bar department. This happens each time a waiter logs in, I don’t want the waiters to select the department tab they want to log into since they keep on forgeting.
I have 3 departments Restaurant,Bar and Rooms. Each department has its own entities e.g Restaurant Tables, bar tables and rooms.i have also restaurant and bar tickets.The whole logic is to streamline operations of the bar and the restaurant.each department has its own cashier

It’s working okay in my setup,however when it comes to dealing with waiters I have some issues.
The waiter can either post in bar department or in restaurant terminal, they just need to shuffle the department tab but they keep on forgetting.
Is there a way I can force the user to choose the department before they are assigned to entities respective to that department.

In short: No.

FYI, using multiple Departments is a PITA, and is very restrictive in many ways. Better to use simply different Ticket Types (but they have restrictive limits as well), or some other better method like Menu Switching.

You can create a Rule for the event named User Login and fire some Actions in that Rule that change things in the POS, such as Menu, Ticket Type, whatever.

:warning: BUT, there is no such thing as an Action called “Change Department”, so best to stay away from them.

An ask question on login would be one option although might interfer with selecting open tickets as setting ticket type before ticket creation likely creates a ticket.
Could you not just map entity screens to coraponding terminals?
My hotel setup has customer, tables and room screens. The tables entity has several screens for the r seating areas between bar and restaurant.

Realise I have different tables for restaurant and bar .i have different cashiers for restaurant and bar. But the waiters are the same

Ok, get that but explain the work flow, who needs what and on what terminals?

I need all the bar tables to be settled at the bar cashier and vice-versa for restaurant, the sales report will show me what was collected in each department.
I don’t want restaurant tables to mix-up with bar tables since they are many

AT the moment I have created two roles for the waiter, bar waiters and restaurant waiters and then defined the department they fall in
Somehow this is hectic for them you find one waiter has two passwords one for restaurant and for the bar. It works fine but the waiters keep on forgetting

Just like Kendash had illustrated on this

You can do that with print jobs. I feel like a broken record.

1 Like

Printing is a print job setup and pretty easy.

Still don’t understand why you need to use departments… You didn’t mention reports so guess it’s just to keep table screen clean.
As I mentioned earlier you can easily break up tables into separate entity screens under tables?
I have 4 table entity screens for each section, they are all tables and when select table is pressed it shows four buttons accross top of entity screen titled Bar, Lounge, Restaurant, Conservatory.

Are menus different between these?

i know how to setup print jobs and printers and it works fine on my set up

The reason why i need to have departments is because of reporting and also like you said to have clean table screen ,i don’t want to mix up bar tables and restaurant tables .The cashiers are different we have bar cashiersand they are allowed to settle only bar tables and then we have restaurant cashier ,they can only view and settle restaurant tables, i have different tickets for restaurant and bar set up also.

The menu is just the same,however i wanted all the food items sold in the bar to be settled at the kitchen

The issue of the waiters now comes in play,waiters can either post in restaurant tables or in bar tables .How do i make the waiters achieve this,or rather how do i make the waiter to view restaurant tables when they want to order food items .

Let me repeat this post so that people can understand what am intending to achieve.
This is my scenario, i have a hotel with bar on the first floor, restaurant on the ground floor and the rooms.on the second floor.
The bar ,restaurant and the rooms has different cashiers and different tables setup but the same waiters .
Customers are allowed to sit anywhere they prefer, the majority of them who are coming in for drinks will prefer sitting in the bar while the vast majority coming in with their families for food will prefer sitting in the restaurant area.In the restaurant counter, we also serve some beers.
The guest sitting on the bar too can also order food from the restaurant. All the orders made for foods are settled by the restaurant cashier while the drinks sale can be collected from either the bar or from the restaurant depending on where the order was processed.

You will NOT be able to combine departments into one ticket to allow food and drinks together.

You don’t need separate departments for reporting.

You do NOT have to mix tables for Restaurant and bar if you use single department you can completely separate them using entity screens.

Using departments how your asking is impossible and will cause more trouble than its worth.

We have been trying to suggest ideas but your refusing to listen and are stuck on an idea that won’t work.

You could achieve what you want using single department, two entity screens, some automation, custom reports, and print job mappings.

1 Like

I now understand kendash sorry for being naive ,i wasn’t understanding what you meant

Hi, I have the very same issue where I have 2 bars and one restaurant each on its floor in the same building, I am having a big headache when the waiter forget to choose the bart he/she is in the order wont print and the items posted in the wrong department. I also do stock movements between the main store and the two bars. Is there a way to restrict servers not to access BAR A at floor 2 when they are at BAR B at floor 3. Kindly