Bar & Restaurant toggling

Hey everyone,

Here’s a little story and question:

I have used Samba for one of our venues for a little while now (V3). It’s been a learning experience for me, but I feel like I got the system all figured out now. Once you get to know Samba, everything’s possible, you just have to find a way to fit it in. The possibilities are practically endless. For our other venue I got the boss persuaded into buying new hardware, so we’re all ready for V5 now.

Here’s our current situation. We have a combination of large events, as well as our own restaurant and outside terrace with ~150 tables combined. For the restaurant, all tables have their own entity and tabs, just the thing Samba is perfect for. Using a custom entity screen, I’ve built a clear map of all tables, so every table is one click away. This all works like a dream

On large events we house approx. 500 people, and serve drinks etc. from the bar. All of which have to be entered into the system. However, I would like to know if it’s possible to switch between a bar (takeaway) POS, and a restaurant (dine-in) POS. I have seen topics with dine-in and takeaway prompts, but when there’s a load of people waiting for drinks, these prompts on every order take too much time.

I previously solved this issue by using two entity screens, one with the table map, and the other with 1 entity button, to create a new ticket. My boss however found that pressing the entity button for every new order after a new ticket has been paid seems unnecessary. I’ve also looked into topics explaining opening a new ticket after the last one has been paid. This would be the ideal solution, but it has one shortage: the system is either with entity-screen, or only bar tickets. There’s no way to toggle between the two quickly that I know of.

It’d be amazing if we can toggle between the normal entity-driven sambapos,and the sambapos which opens a new ticket everytime after payment.

I was wondering if something like this is possible by switching departments using a toggle in the bottom bar next to the keyboard button, but I’d love to get the community’s opinion on this.

Sincerely,
Diego Hoondert
Proud SambaPOS user :smiley:

Oh my god,

I just realised something while trying something else out.

Just adding a department, and setting one department to select entity, and the other to create ticket, a toggle appears in the bottom.

Using this you can toggle between a restaurant and bar setup.

This probably isn’t the first time someone found the answer fiddling around. I’ll leave this for future idiots like me :innocent:

you could use a switch user function, RFID tabs and a reader and make it toggle by scanning RFID too…

Clever stuff this samba :slight_smile:

Yeah I figured I’d use a chip card to log on and off, but can’t yet find a way to logoff when the card is removed from the reader, but I’ll figure something out. Maybe some kind of logoff shortcut would do.

theres a couple of switch user tutorials, i did one but it seemed to only work with my set up.

Its not too hard, do a quick search.

Or if you just wanted to log off, you can create a log off button by using the logout action, creating an automation command and setting a rule.

Matt

1 Like

how do you customise reports to show items sales for bar and restaurant separately

Hi @Rodney_Rickyfire_Mun

This was asked recently - always try to do a search first to see what you can find:

Note you need to use an expression (DE=Some Department Name) or feed it in as a parameter.

1 Like

Hi @pauln I very grateful for your help and for the code to try and archive the desired goal but when I insert the code on the item sales report the program is now freezing whenever I try and open the item sales report have tried different codes and still it freeze when I open the item sales report please help figure this out… thanks again in advance

If we are to get slightly close to helping you, posters will need to see your Report Syntax. You can copy and paste here into the forum for assessment.

Once pasted, highlight the code and use the toolbar </> control to make the syntax more readable.

1 Like