Bixolon 770 Label Printer. Item Quantity Problems

I have managed to get the SRP-770 Lablel Printer working but I have a problem which involves making certain item with multiple quantity to print only 1 label.

At the moment if I make an order such as:

2 x Chicken Tikka
2 x Rice
5 x Popadoms

The label printer prints labels for each product. The top two items are correct as we will stick one label on each container. However we do not want 5 label for Popadoms as we place them all inside a single popadom bags.

Is there any way I can force certain product not print multiple items but instead just print the quantity followed by item name. So I get one label which says:

5 x Popadoms

Under Label Printer - Print Job I have chosen the option : Seperated Print by Quantity

My Printer Template looks like:

{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
<EB>
<L00>     {NAME}
<DB>

{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<EB>
<L00>     * {ORDER TAG NAME}
<DB>

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

As a guess you might have to create multiple print jobs, using the same template but mapped to the groups/products accordingly.
You would have to then clone the print label action but set it to point at the 2nd print job.

I thought about that but was thinking if we can use a tag on the printer template instead.

Think you will struggle that was as its the print job that splits the ticket down to the orders to make the multiple tickets.
In sends one order at a time.

have to use multiple print jobs. There is no tag that tells it how to print.

1 Like

Yess… @Jesse very clever solution!

Create a print job for items that prints by quantity and another one for single label items. Executing both printjobs will do the job.

Thanks guys.

I have setup another print job for single items. This time under the printing content i have chosen : Individual Order by quantity. But if I order 3 Popadoms i get the following on the same label:

1 x Popadoms
1 x Popadoms
1 x Popadoms

How do I make it print:

3 x Popadoms

I have changed the template to display the quantity:

{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
<EB>
<L00>     {QUANTITY} {NAME}
<DB>

Any ideas ?

Choose Separated Prints by Quantity.

If I choose Separated Prints by Quantity it will print :

1 x Popadoms

on the three different lables. But I want one label to print 3 x Popadoms.

Enable merging of items.

From where do i do that.

Merge lines is option on the template itself, you might have to duplicate the kitchen label template if you have it not merging for a reason.

I have ticked merged lines as shown on the image below. Still same problem.

Show your Print Job settings please?

Here it is:

If there not another options of orders by qty? am not at pc to test - never looked at the difference between the two.

Are we talking about v4 or v3?

Thats a fair shout, looking at the screenshot those dropdpwns dont look like v4 - at least not the latest version.

Its v3 he has mentioned that previously. @Ash this forum is for v4, for v3 support visit www.sambapos.org

We need to keep discussions related to v4 it is the current software.

But logically if your separating prints by quantity then it probably wouldn’t do any good to try and merge lines that don’t exist since you separated them.

1 Like

I am using version 3. It does not have option of Orders by qty.

I have just installed version 4 which has the same options as version 3. So there are no extra options on version 4.