Break down Service Charge In Work Period Report

Emre, Service charge is charged for any dine in order 5%. The ticket is not split in two payment methods.

Some customers pay entire bill by cash or credit card. But it is not split in two payments.

I am trying to simply show in the report if total cash transactions were $100 and service charge was $5 and vice versa for credit card, it show display the amounts of service charge for both as per there amounts charged. If credit card sales were $1000, then service charge total for credit card transactions would be $50 and if total cash sales were $4000 than service charge total for cash transactions would be $200.

So you donā€™t want to break down service charges by payment type. Do you want to calculate %15 of a payment total and display it as Service Charge?

Service Charge is 5% of a payment total irrespective of payment type.

How ever, I want in the report the service charge total to be broken down by payment type, cash or credit.

Currently in the report it displays the total service charge for all payment types. I would like it broken down by payment type.

So this is what you want.

[Payments:1, 1, 1, 1]
>Payment|Net|Service Charge|Total
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Type,[$4-($4*0.05)];0.00,[$4*0.05];0.00,P.Amount.Sum}
>Total|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:=[$3-($3*0.05)];0.00,[$3*0.05];0.00,P.Amount.Sum}
1 Like

Thank you kindly emre, This has solved the problem.

1 Like

I deleted your other topic. Please in future donā€™t make multiple topics on same thing it will not get you a faster answer.

1 Like

Remember like we tried to explain, that is not a report its a calculation (getting a fixed 5% of payments by type)
If you change the % the report needs updating and will not reflect a period extending over the time changes.
Also if for anyreason the charge is removed etc.
Your not reporting service charge your just reporting 5% of payments.

So are you saying that the solution emre provided is simply calculating 5% on every payment transcations?

As I do have take away orders also which donā€™t get the 5% service charge applied to them. Are you suggesting in Emre solution they will show up in report also with the 5% service charge?

Thats not what I meant but looking at it yes that also, you need to add a report constraint to however you are specifying eat in or takeaway? Is it ticket type, tage, state?

My point was it is not reporting service carges are entered in samba it is just calculating 5% of reported payments, not actually reporting service carges charged.

I just tested it and after putting in a take away order, which doesnā€™t have a service charge applied to it, still showed up in emre solution with the service charge added in the report.

What I need is simply the service charge for all dine in orders for both cash and credit card transations to show in the report, the net payment in the report can show total of the cash and credit card transactions like it is in emre solution, how ever I need only the service charge of dine in orders listed in emre solution, NOT 5% applied to every order of dine and take way.

I like emre solution, can we make it to not apply 5% to total net of cash and credit, as total net includes dine in and take away, which is false positive to service charge in the report.

Would be nice if you listened to what I have been trying to say which is just that, the report is not actually reporting service charge just a % of payments.
The value can be made to only look at payments for dine in tickets but to offer a sugestion we need to know how you are seperating in and out tickets;

You need to help us to be able to help you, every samba install is unique so you need to elaborate on the aspects relating to your question ie how tickets are being marked in/outā€¦

1 Like

I use a ticket tag, called ā€œDine Inā€ Which when clicked applies a 5% service charge to the order. This is only for dine orders.

If it is a take away we donā€™t press the ā€œDine Inā€ button and no service charge is applied.

This method mentioned above applies in both scenarios to any transaction type. i.e cash or credit card.

In my report I would like to see the net total of cash and credit card transactions irrespective of dine or takeaway however with a separate line under showing the dine in service charge for both payment methods separately.

OK so tag is ā€˜Dine Inā€™ but whats the tags name?
You would want to try and add a constraint to the report for (TT.TagName=Dine In) where TagName is your tags nameā€¦
Something like this;

{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Type,[$4-($4*0.05)];0.00,[$4*0.05];0.00,P.Amount.Sum:(TT.TagName=Dine In)}

Im not sure if TT. is correct as not at PC or is it works on payments report but that is first thing to try.

1 Like

Specifically for TT expression setting a tag name is not a requirement. So that expected to work.

{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Type,[$4-($4*0.05)];0.00,[$4*0.05];0.00,P.Amount.Sum:(TT=Dine In)}

However defining tag name will prevent future possible issues when another tag with same name if defined. Just a reminderā€¦

3 Likes

sorry I made a mistake its a calculation type with the button header called dine in:

Pretty sure you would struggle to key in to that on payment details report.
I would suggest adding a ticket tag or ticket state as part of the flow to give you something to report against.
Unfortunately that would NOT be back date able and only work going forward.

I have a ticket tag called SG, with sub options called Dine & Take away also, these how ever donā€™t apply the service charge, I have it just for reporting these tags to see how many dine in and take away orders occurred in the work period.

The service charge is applied through the calculation type called Service Charge with a button header called Dine in.

And how are the tags applied? A seperate button?
This is what I was getting at before about the possibility of something being tagged dine in but calculation not being setā€¦
You want to merge these two and say whatever your doing to select the tag add the calculation for service to the flow for if done in is selected.
That way you know 100% that is done in tag is selected there is service charge.
If they are seperate manual process you cannot guarantee the tag and charge are always applied together and makes the backward calculating of charge from payments inaccurate.

Yes the tags are applied by separate buttons, so how can I get this in the report ? As in how do I merge these two and add the calculation for service charge in the report?

Rather than use a calculation sector button for setting the service charge use a update calculation action and add that in your tag flow where you have selected dine in.
Without seeing your setup cannot be more specific.