Button or Item to shift transaction.from cash to creditcard

Oke, so here is the next challenge: (Sorry, no BooBs this time) :stuck_out_tongue:

How can I shift money from the cash drawer to the creditcard?

For example:

They have a sigaret vending machine in the lobby.

• A customer comes, ask cash money from the cash drawer, and put it on his bill.
  • He pays the complete bill with Credit Card.

So there is 6,00 euro short in the cash drawer…
Now If I put a item of 6 euro on the list it will show up in the accounts.
So this Item needs to correct the Cash payment by - 6,00 and + 6,00 by Credit Card, and can’t be shown in the sales account!
Also, it may not show up in accounts, and yes, you can get a negative amount in your cash drawer.

Is this possible?

You could take a look at this

Taking cashback from a card is pretty much similar to what you suggest. You pay with card and cash is given back as part of the transaction.

However, I would be cautious about doing what you suggest, you may be breaking your merchant agreement as in many places giving cash from a credit card would be considered as a cash advance (usually charged with higher interest by the card company + additional fees), and you usually need special provisions on your agreement in place to give “cashback”. For example, in the UK, cashback is only available from some retailers who have approval from their bank, and it is for debit cards only (not credit cards).

3 Likes