Calendar Widget for Custom Entity Screen

I am going to be sort of selfish with this not because I feel like I am special but because I have not thought of many other uses… I would like a Calendar Widget for purpose of creating schedules for employees.

I am open to discuss how this should look and work… I am also open for discussing ideas for other uses…

1 Like

Here is how it looks in TimeTrex. I am not saying it should be like this as it would need to be fitting for more than just TImeKeeping functions. But as you can see it can display entities, toggle, week, month, Day ,year view. Ideally we could click on a empty Date Cell and assign a schedule or program it to perform an automation command when clicked with some way of recording a note on that date… I am just brain storming.

I was thinking the same thing… just kidding :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I was just thinking the same thing as I was putting together the method for flagging holidays, in order to calculate Pay.

Some feature recommendations for a Day on the Calendar:

• assign Entities (Tables, Customers, Deliverers, Employees, Suppliers, Maintenance Companies)
  • assign hours [Start/End] (Reservations, Deliveries, Pickups, Employee Hours, Holidays)
  • ability to create recurring events
  • optional reminders (Triggers?) prior to event (popups at 5,10,15 minutes etc. until dismissed)
  • drag/drop objects (Entities)

We know there is some type of Calendar functionlity already built-in, it may be possible to expand?

Other future uses, Table Reservations, Party Reservations, Delivery Queue…I know there is more I just can’t think of them right now…

2 Likes

This would also be good for catering orders!.. Great idea!

Have recently been approached by a dry cleaners, collection date/time is a use for this.
Hair dressers??

Hair dressing & appointments is probably a a big area - have few hairdressing contacts who are charged absolute fortunes for specific software.
An easier booking/reservation setup would open use to allot of new businesses.

1 Like

Would be great if this could be implemented @emre :slight_smile:

There are good online calendars that can be displayed inside a browser widget. What do we need else?

1 Like