Caller ID - Putty

I purchased the TRIXES USB 56K External Dial Up Voice Fax Data Modem for testing the Caller ID feature. I cant seem to get any response from putty when ringing the number. All I get is a black screen. The modem works as I setup a dial up connection to ring my mobile number and it rings my phone but putty does not recognise any incoming calls. I don’t see any point in changing settings in Samba if putty will not work. I seen someone else on the forums having the same problems and he ended up having a faulty cable. I’ve used maybe 6 or 7 different RJ11 cables. I know some RJ 11 cables come with 4 wires and some with 2 wires but have tried with both. I’ve disconnected the phone from the wall socket and used the modem on its own but still get no response. I’ve used adsl filter also and still wont work. The only thing I have to check tomorrow is if the line is the main phone line or if its a line off the main one. The callerid on the phone works though so would assume the modem should also work. Anyone any ideas?

Are you sure you are connect putty to the right com port. Post you windows device manager, putty setting…

Post every screens as shown in tutorial would help identify it faster

did you follow this?

The callerid on the phone works though so would assume the modem should also work.

There’s your answer :slightly_smiling: It’s the modem.

The Trixes USB is quite frankly a piece of crap. I messed with it for days, it only ever caught the phone once or twice, then it would stop until a restart. Tried changing the initialisation strings as well.

Buy a CTI Comet USB, it may be expensive but well worth the money.