Can I delete "print bill" button on Payment screen?

Hi,

I think just found out print bill button on payment can be used for Fake transaction for some cases.
I made a rule for the cashier to give a receipt for every transaction and i also made it clear to customers to get receipt. In this way, i thought cashier staff cannot escape from making transaction record.

Then i just found out in payment screen you can print bill before you select cash or credit card just like there was a transaction, and then you go back to item select screen which makes you able to delete items again.

I’m not sure it is my wrong setting, but I think it is better not to have Print bill button on payment screen to prevent fake transaction.

Please comment if you have any idea for this matter.

You would just change the mapping on the print bill button settings.
You shouldnt be able to cancel items as printing bill should close ticket unles you changed meaning items become submitted and would require void to cancel which is reported and you can remove void priverlages either theough void button mapping or adding confirm admin pin option requireing a ‘manager’ or ‘admin’ user to enter thir pin for void to work.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment @JTRTech

I think that sounds more reasonable than removing print bill button my change mapping.
But my print bill button doesn’t work that way, if i click print bill button in any screen it prints ticket which doesn’t have ticket number and back to ticket screen. Please take a look at Print bill rule.
How can i change how print bill work just like that?

Look in Automation>Automation Command and look for print bill. Then click edit and you should be able to change the mapping to show at a specific place

2 Likes

Delete the Mapping Line indicated by the arrow to remove the Print Bill button from the Payment/Settle screen …

Manage > Automation > Automation Commands > Print Bill > Mappings

@jayguar6 most restaurants print tickets before payment is made this is why it is built that way by default. Clicking Print Bill locks the ticket until you unlock it. You can change any of that behavior through rules and actions.

It sounds like for you just simply changing the mapping like Shivan and QMcKay suggested will be your simplest solution.

Thanks for quick comments @Shivan and everyone.
I tried the way mentioned above, but i think that leaves another problem for me.
My printer sometimes has a printing error and in that case i have to print the bill again in ticket list.
I deleted the mapping and then i couldn’t find the way print the ticket again.

And i tried the experiment changing ‘enabled status’, to ‘isclosed’.
Maybe i should try more experient on this, but seems it works for me good so far.
I Can not print bill before transaction is made but still can print in ticket list.

Thanks for advice

You can make a print last bill button…
You save the ticket id in a local program setting and make it visable only when ticket status= so it can only be used before a ticket is started.
I did a tutorial for it here;

You could also think about a show change message with print copy bill button like in my tutorial here;

Actually dont think that tutorial went that far but using the setting config from first one you can soon add a print bill button to the change message.

3 Likes

Thanks, that looks great! @JTRTech