Can Sale Reports show menu name?

u mean i will have to put the new group code under each product

Yes. Product Name and Product Group Codes are used on the Work Period & Item Sales reports.

@JohnS so cant i just write a sql query to replace 90 with beverages it would same time

Use at your own risk

UPDATE [SambaPOS4].[dbo].[MenuItems] set
[GroupCode] = '90 Beverages'
WHERE [GroupCode] = '90'

SELECT [Id]
      ,[GroupCode]
      ,[Barcode]
      ,[Tag]
      ,[Name]
      ,[CustomTags]
  FROM [SambaPOS4].[dbo].[MenuItems]
  order by [GroupCode], [Name]
1 Like

thanks @QMcKay i thnk there shouldnt be any risk but would like to confirm if i change group code i wont have to change anywhere else except the menu mapping correct?

I don’t think there will be any problems, but if you refer to a specific GroupCode in any Printer Templates, Rules, Automation Commands, or Actions, you will need to change these references from “90” to “90 Beverages”. As for Reports, you won’t need to do anything.

I don’t think you need to change Menu Mappings either, since the Products are already in the Menu Category. I realize the GroupCode is shown after the Product Name (i.e. Coke [90]) when you are choosing Products for the Category, but I believe it is just there for visual reference. If you look at table [SambaPOS4].[dbo].[ScreenMenuItems], which is the table that holds the Menu, you realize that the the GroupCode is not stored or referenced in the table, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

If it messes things up, you can always revert it with the same SQL.

The nice thing about using the leading number with the text description is that the display order should be retained.

what does display order retain mean and i was thinking to change the 90 to Beverages only not 90 Beverages

I mean the sort-order is Alphabetic, so when you had GroupCode as 10,20,30,etc. they would display in that order (in theory).

Ultimately it’s up to you (I don’t use numbers either), but if you prefix your GroupCode with a number, the sort-order should remain the same (theoretically), while still giving you a descriptive label.

i managed to rename the group code thanks