Can Sale Reports show menu name?

As a developer product name in number wont matter but if a non technical person would like to view a sale report he wont know what the product is representing.

so is there any way to put menu name in place of product group code as shown below to make it user friendly

Why are you using numbers for product groups ?

Item sales report also shows product names.

@JohnS, I belive numbers for product group was used for grouping menu categories. As per below

Product Tag is different to Product Group/Group Code.

@JohnS what i understood by discussion and searching is that at Print Job we can filter by product group

and during my previous discussion on

but if misunderstood is there a way to correct it

please help

any suggestions @morshed1 or @JohnS

i’m not sure if there is a solution if numbers are used for product groups (separating food and drinks). this is how i have setup in my configuration to sort the orders for print template.

The reason why you have used numbers is so you can sort the kitchen tickets by course.
You can sort by various means in printer templates.
Setting numbers for product groups will show these numbers in all reports and this cannot be changed.
You are better using product tags instead which can be sorted, and the reports will actually show the correct group names.

ok thanks but then when hall we use numbers to sort kitchen tickets by course…at that we will see in reports the numbers again right?

Not if your using Product Tags to enter the numbers to sort by.

Then in your Printer Templates use [ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG] to sort.

1 Like

ok thanks for clearing my concept

@JohnS is there a way to edit the product name 90 to beverages…if not in samba can do in sql or not?

just have to rename or edit?

Can be done in either. Make a backup first.

cant do backup it gives error!!

This has been seen before.
Are you logged in as an administrator on your computer?
Are you running the latest SambaPOS version?
Are you running Compact SQL?

ya i have seen the similar error on the forum and it ask to give access rights i have try that also but no use.
yes i am login as admin
using 4.1.37 version
and DB —SQ

Are you logged into Windows as madiha ?

YES LOGIN AS ADMIN I CHECKED AGAIN MY DATABASE BACKUP PROP DONT HV SQL OR CREATOR OWNER RIGHTS
IF I NEED TO GV THEM THE ACCESS RIGHT HOW DO I ADD THEIR OBJECT NAME

@JohnS can please update how to change the product name from 90 to beverages

Just edit each item. It will be easier.
And it’s not the product name, it’s the product group you need to change.