Cannot end the work period

I run into an issue that might be caused by the time of the windows has been changed. Here is the screenshot:

Now I cannot End The Work Period as the button has greyed out.

How do we fix this without re-installing SambaPOS. Is it a normal behavior to have minus Total Work Time?

NOTE: Fixed by changing time

Please check if you have any open ticket please close then check

Interesting.

Yes, SambaPOS is designed so that you cannot close a Workperiod until:

elapsed time >= 1 minute

So yes, your time change has thrown it for a loop, creating a negative number.

@emre, you might want to take a look at this - caused by automatic time change for daylight savings, etc.

daylight saving related negative time will be an issue if a work period starts a the time auto daylight changes. That happens generally at 2-3 am and I never heard that caused an issue somewhere.

It is still vulnerable to manual time changes back and forth while SambaPOS working. There is no full coverage solution other than relying Internet time. Discussed that before and instead of requiring permanent Internet connection we thought the best solution will be limiting user permission to change system time.

1 Like

LOL, yes @neko, what are you doing starting workperiods at that time of day?

That said, @emre you could trap this, could you not?

If (Now - Workperiod Start < 0) then Update Workperiod Start = (Workperiod Start - 60 minutes).

For a regular operation that will never happen because of daylight saving.

-51 minutes only possible if I start a work period at the time daylight saving changes and end it 9 minutes later. For a normal operation that will be -1 hours. If it is 10 hours in a regular day it will be 9 hours. Never become negative for work periods open for more than 1 hour.

That should be something else as daylight saving will start at the end of the month. That might be manual time adjustment or time was already wrong and internet time corrected it.

1 Like