Can't connect laptop to server HELP!

Ok, so where do I go from here. And what I referred to as blank was the laptop not showing the menu or customer or tables or nothing

Please done PM, it doesn’t help the comunity and its best to keep everything visible for others to help and see if they have issue.

If your connected and no products etc your maybe on a different database.

Show a screenshot of the connection string on drive and laptop.

This is the screen shot on the Server

And the laptop has identical connection string, conects and samba loads but has no products?

Hello! Back again trying to fix this problem with the laptop not connecting with the server. I’ve tried everything from reinstalling the Samba software to checking and rechecking the server software. Now today when I started the SambaPOS software in the laptop it gives me a message that it is running on the trial version and that was not happening before. I really am lost with this whole thing. Please, help someone!!!

No licence found is usually that the licence module is not installed rather than trial mode…
Maybe reinstall samba messed it up.
Uninstall the licence module, restart samba, reinstall.
You might need to clear licence key and reactivate licence.

Activate greyed out so yes, as JTR says you will need to reset keys

Generally ,its like I have checked every one of the settings on the server and they are set as prescribed by the setup documentation. Be that as it may, the customer/workstation has the most recent SambaPOS program introduced. Be that as it may, the issue is that the program does not give me a chance to check the settings on the grounds that once it begins it demonstrates the blunder specified above and when I click OK the program close down. The workstation can interface with the server fine and dandy since I can send to the printer snared to it and I can get to documents on the server in the mutual organizers. The issue is with Samba on the workstation. I took a stab at uninstalling and reinstalling Samba in any case, once more, I can’t get into the setup.

Be that as it may… LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you explain what you mean by blunder?
Reinstalling wouldnt change connection string as its stored in text file in samba folder of my documents so check connection sting in that or delete that text file and it will recreate with default then update.
Maybe post a screenshot of what your seeing as its hard to tell from your description.

1 Like