Can't create more than 8 product list

I have created 8 Product lists each containing respective items. They all shows up on my POS screen

I have more Products to at to product lists, however nothing happens when I do the following

I click on “Batch Creat Products” and start with #drinks and list the drinks and click ok. The Product list refresh after I click ok but Drinks does not show up on the Product List

please help

Did you press the expand button at the top? It only shows first 100 by default you have to expand it to show more. That’s so it loads faster.

1 Like

you know how there is a product title and on the right of the product title is a triangle thing to expand the product list under the product title?

For example:

Lunch Special
Chicken
Pork
Beef

And on the POS menu, you will click on the Lunch Special button to see the products on the right side of the screen.

my problem is. I have added 8 Product titles such as Lunch special, dinner special, drink and more

I can’t create the 9th product title so I can list the product under it

When I try batch create list, nothing shows up after I click ok.

anybody know what I am talking about?

Are you meaning it’s not on the POS/ticket screen?
Creating products doesn’t make a button for it, you need to add it to the menu

1 Like

Ok show screenshots I’m not sure I know what you mean. Your terms are wrong that your using to describe stuff.

I want to create a new product list. I have not added it to the Menu List yet, for it to show up on the POS/Ticket Screen.

Below is the screen shot. There are 8 Product categories so far, numbered from 1 to 8 to show you. On the right is the 9th Product category named “Entrees” in the Batch Create Products. When I click the Ok button, It does nothing. “Entrees” Does not show up under Product List at all. I have tried multiple times and it is not working.

Also, I don’t want to start a new thread so I will ask here.

I would like to install the POS on 3 computers the same restaurant. 2 for my employ and 1 for customer self ordering. How many License do I need to buy and how much are they? I asked for a quote but have not received an answer yet.

Is it possible to Create Two buttons to switch the POS/Ticket screen from English to Chinese and Chinese to English since my cook can only read Chinese?

Can I setup the Kitchen Printer to print both the English and Chinese name of the Dish?

Can I setup the Customer Printer to Print only the English name of the Dish?

Can I setup the Frying station Printer to Highlight the Items that needs to be fried on the ticket so my employ can easily tell what to get?

Thanks

You can definitely create more than 8 lists.

Perhaps its because you have not registered your copy of SambaPOS? I am not sure if that is a restriction but it could be.

I just batch created some test Lists and products on top of my 16 lists already shown and it worked just fine. My copy is Licensed that is the only difference I see. Are you running SQL Server?

I would like to install the POS on 3 computers the same restaurant. 2 for my employ and 1 for customer self ordering. How many License do I need to buy and how much are they? I asked for a quote but have not received an answer yet.

One licence provided they all work from the same database at the same venue
Licences are $249usd, you need to buy one through a reseller, if you are unable to contact your local reseller I sell licences on their own for £179gbp on my site at sambapos.tricerolph.com, licence only is for self maintanted system and doesnt include support beyond supplying the licence

Is it possible to Create Two buttons to switch the POS/Ticket screen from English to Chinese and Chinese to English since my cook can only read Chinese?
It would be posible to duplicate the menu and make automation to switch between the menus and change the button headers however without more advanced customisation the order list on screen would show a single product name and other buttons would be one or the other or both for those that can be changed youself

Can I setup the Kitchen Printer to print both the English and Chinese name of the Dish?
Yes, this is documented on the forum, you would use custom product tags and set one for products second name then add the print template {tag} for that field in your kitchen print template.

Can I setup the Customer Printer to Print only the English name of the Dish?
Printing automation is pretty versitile, you could use mutltiple templates printing to the same printer, combinations, the automation and printer setups allows lots of flexability

Can I setup the Frying station Printer to Highlight the Items that needs to be fried on the ticket so my employ can easily tell what to get?
I havn’t done kitchen printers in the main hotel but that was my plan for the two sections of the kitchen, it should be pretty easy to do this using custom product tag and template for each section.

Start a new Topic for any new questions that are not related to the current Topic.

1 Like

I think I see your problem. Your naming the product the same as a product you already have. Products have to be unique the lists will not allow same product twice.

1 Like

Your problem is you have not used the batch create product correctly. It is not for adding categories, it is for adding categories AND products. You can’t just add a list of categories without products in them.

I see from your screenshot, you have entered

#Entrees
Chicken
Pork
Beef
Shrimp

What you have essentially done is say you want a category called “Entrees” and inside that category, you have products named Chicken, Pork, Beef, Shrimp. I don’t know if that is your intention? But anyway, those products need a price otherwise they won’t get added.

Also every product name needs to be unique, so if you already have a product called Chicken, you can’t add another with the same name.

So if you do want products called Chicken, Pork, Beef, Shrimp, the correct format would be:

(updated to clarify point about unique product names)

#Entrees
Chicken Entree 1.50
Pork Entree 1.50
Beef Entree 1.50
Shrimp Entree 1.50

In this case, each would have a price of $1.50 (see the 1 at the end)

You can read this tutorial (from “Create your own products” onwards), it is for V4 but still relevant to V5. It describes how batch create products work.

1 Like

They will add without price but he needs to make them unique

True. I missed that point I just saw price was missing. I never tried adding products myself without price so didn’t know that would work.

I have updated my previous post to clarify this point.

Can you try just making a product and setting goup that way or also try editing an existing product to a different 9th group.

But is your chef using the POS/Ticket screen? Usually you would just print in Chinese in the kitchen for the chef, then have the system in English.

SambaPOS doesn’t have a full system language switch, but there are ways you can do this partly. Here is an example we did for a Chinese restaurant who wanted this. The functional buttons are dual language English & Chinese, then the menu has 2 fast menu buttons for English and Chinese which execute automation commands to switch the menu. We have 2 menus on the system that are identical except one uses the English names (default) and the other uses Chinese. I usually recommend my clients do not have setup like this because it means when you add more products later on, you have to add them to 2 menus each time. We have a script though to partly simplify, so it updates the product names on the menu buttons from the Chinese Name Custom Product Tag on the product.

Sorry I don’t have 2 screenshots from the same setup so I’ll just post 2 similar ones here, you should get the idea…

2 Likes