Can't open SambaPOS (Solved, Thanks to you ALL)

I did but the same problem

would it easier for you if you connected to my pc via teamviewer

by the way when I install the SQL express server 2016 do I need to delete the SQL 2014

Perhaps but I really am not interested in doing that. I am enjoying my afternoon reading the forum and helping people but I dont want to be committed to something like that. I want to look at the forum and watch a movie at same time
 or answer a few things on forum and work on SambaPOS myself
 if I was to get involved in Team-viewer to fix something it would kill that.

I understand, so what do you think I would do next

You tried deleting the SAMBAPOS folder from c:\programdata?

yes but nothing happened the same issue

Did you install SambaPOS with Localdb? Reinstall SambaPOS and be sure to uncheck the option for LocalDB

this is what I do

there is two option
Local BD 2012
and Local BD 2014

I chosed 2014
so I need to uninstall sambapos and install it again without choosing any of them

I deleted the SQL 2014 and it worked without database

I will istall now SQL 2016

1 Like

This should help you. It is old but most of it should still be relevant.

This is for 2014 but it should be virtually the same with 2016. You should use the latest 2016.

Finally this might be helpful if you run into issues.

1 Like

thank you very much you were more than helpful, I will go though all of these and try to get it working again, Thank you

1 Like

Remember to look at the video I posted earlier shows how to change to a fresh database if needed.

Don’t know how relevant it is to the case here but in my case, if you’ve tried installing SambaPOS5.61 previously

then SambaPOS5.60 or below won’t work for some reason.

You can’t go backwards. That is by design and is that way for all versions. But .61 is for beta users so I took the link out of your post.

That’s a fair point. I am a bit curious what happen if the new version end up breaking something major and the end user couldn’t fall back to previous working version as contingency plan ? I understand a lot of beta testers are doing their best to prevent such issue but I think it should be mentioned nonetheless.

To begin with, non beta tester shouldn’t be poking around with beta version but curiosity got the better of me and now I couldn’t configure recipe fixed cost feature to work anymore unless I find a way to go back to 5.60 :stuck_out_tongue:
(I’m testing it on my test pc so all’s good)

The only way to go back is to load the last backup of .60 onto that samba version download