Centralized order taking

Hi!

I operate a pizza joint that has branches in two different parts of the city, locations A and B. I want to centralize all delivery order takings at one branch, i.e “A”.

Is it possible to interlink both of these Samba’s, such that even orders that are meant for branch “B” are taken at “A” and then transferred via internet onto branch B, where they’re automatically printed?

As things stand you will struggle.

There would be a few theoretical ways but all have pros and cons or limitations.

The two ways it should be done if it were posible;

VPN - both sites liked as one network via Internet, single database. Would probably be the most straight forward to setup but unless you have a dedicated high bandwidth internet connection at both sites it would be dog slow to the point of being unusable. In the future might be an option. Would mean if Internet connection went down one site would have no POS.

API/Scripted - the only viable way to do right now but would involve a heavy understanding. There are leaps being made in the methods potentially useable for this route but would be a big task and need very good skills in samba. Each site would be independent and primary sote would pass code to the second one which would then have to be processed.

A ‘lite’ method you might be able to impliment but would not be centralised as such would be to have a Remote Desktop at site a for a terminal at site b, when an order comes in the operator can choose between using local site samba or Remote Desktop to use site b samba.

1 Like

“A ‘lite’ method you might be able to impliment but would not be centralised as such would be to have a Remote Desktop at site a for a terminal at site b, when an order comes in the operator can choose between using local site samba or Remote Desktop to use site b samba.”

Thanks! That sounds like an ingenious way to do it. I will most likely proceed with this suggestion.