Chrash after upgrade from 5 3.6

Hi, I have a huge problem.

My installation of sambapos crashed after uograding from version 5.3.6

When I try to import my backup I receive an error message that the version is incompatible.

I uninstalled version 5.3.6 and installed the latest version, but it does not work.

I receive an error message that the version is incompatible.

Unfortunately, I cannot reinstall version 5.3.6 because I no longer have the installation file.

Where can I find the installation file for version 5.3.6?

Please help me, I am stuck with my restaurant.

Thank you.

Good morning @aciofani,

which version did you install? Can you paste your most recent error log?
It should be in C:\Users\{username}\Documents\SambaPOS5

You can find most recent error at the bottom of the file

Please also update .net to latest version from microsofts website

What you are saying doesnt add up. An upgrade would not cause a version compatibility issue it will be crucial you provide us the crash log so we can see what the real problem is.

5.3.6 to 5.7.8 is a HUGE jump we can help you with it but it is not surprising that something may be a little off. However it should all be pretty easy fix just let us know what the error log says.

I just cleaned the windows 11 installation so I can not provide logs.

I’d like to install 5.3.6 first sto that I can be operative whith the restaurant. I do have a backup file for this version.

Then I’ll upgrade again.

Where I can find 5.3.6 ?

@Posflow I’m not sure because I just cleaned the installation. I downloaded from sambapos website, so should be the last.

Since I bougth the license for API also, my intent was to update to the last version in order to integrate sambapos with my reservation system.

Unfotunatly something whent wrong.

The best for me is go with 5.3 6 now, that was my last version and then uograde again.

The point is I can not find this version anymore.

Where I can find these installation files?

Thanks for your help

We do not provide the older versions anymore. It would not take very long to install 5.7.8 and tell us the crash log… probably faster than finding 5.3.6 from someone. Crash log will help us solve things a lot faster.

A few things i have seen were related to the database table structure changes that have been made since 5.3.6 perhaps it needed newer .net framework installed. Perhaps it was related to the new time clock tables which may need some fixing since its such a huge jump.

A lot of issues are resolved by making sure you install the latest .net framework

@aciofani

If you already bought API license, you will need version v5.5.0 or up.

If you already bought an API license, Id recommend you to use newer version as it has updates to addEntity gql endpoints, which make it easier to manage custom data for entities too for your reservation platform.

@Jesse thanks for your response but I’m off with the restaurant.

I just need 5.3.6 to restart and then upgrade.

We have a regular license and we just paid for API, I need to restart with our work.

Please let me know

Sorry I am confused by what you mean. THe newer versions will auto migrate the database.

I tried the upgrade and did not work.
I still have backup of my database of 5.3.6 (running on mssql).

The old installation was fine. I need to reinstall 5.3.6 so that I can reopen the restaurant.

Then I can upgrade again.

My urgency is to reopen the restaurant now.

Ok well I think Posflow has helped you in that regard. Best of luck to you… When you do decide to try and upgrade again and run into the crash please paste the crash log here and we can help you with it.

2 Likes

Problem solved and thanks to @Jesse and Posflow

I’m running on version 5.7.8 now

Thanks again!

3 Likes