Colour a Custom Keyboard in entity screen

Pretty Simple, in my entity screen I have a customer selctor and I have a big Enter button next to it

Would I be able to get a way to colour green this big button green?

Is that an Automation Command Button? If so, you can use <block> and/or <panel> tags to set the background, or even easier, Automation Command button Widgets have a Background and Hover color setting.

No , it is a custom keyboard

Why have a Custom Keyboard with a single key on it? Just use Automation Command button…

Can I have an Automation Command to press enter?

You can map Keycodes to Automation Command buttons. For Enter, use Keycode 13.

Im a bit confused? how do I do that?

Would you mean map the keycode in this?

For example, the Keycode for the “1” on your computer keyboard is 49 … this is done in the Automation Command Button Widget Settings …

Ok so I used 13 but nothing is happening

You need a Rule to capture the Automation Command, no different than clicking on the button.

What rule should it be? What action?

Look at my screenshot. You need to assign the Automation Command (ie. “BB Receive KeyCode”) and optionally a value to go with it (ie. “1”). They are the first 2 parameters in the Settings dialog.

Then you make a Rule for “Automation Command Executed” with constraint of “BB Receive KeyCode” (or whatever), and fire any necessary Actions in the Rule.

But I dont want to fire any action, all I want to do is press enter on a keyboard

No, you want it to do something obviously, otherwise it has no purpose, the same as your video.

What happens when you use Custom Keyboard and you hit enter on the Keyboard? Nothing? LOL.

On my custom keyboard when I press enter it selcts the entity

It should trigger Set Number Pad Value action with KeyCode parameter to send (simulate) the Enter key press. Keyboard Mapping is useful to keep physical keyboard enter key working.

<block> tag should also work fine for custom keyborads. Does it @RickH?

Yep you added that a while back, I created a whole custom keyboard menu screen and was then able to colour all the buttons

I don’t think we ever got the hover tag to work, so that when pressing a button it changed colour. I’ll double check but don’t think that is available but button colour is doable now :grinning:

1 Like

In fact we created <background> tag for background color only purpose. It should work fine with <hover> tag.

2 Likes