Computer client lag, freeze

Dear, all
I get new issue at v.5.1.60

Multi terminal setup
Asus A4320 as server, and use for cashier. This computer is oke, not error
And other computer Asus 4110 with 4GB Ram and 120 GB Ssd intel 540s.
This computer with win 10, windows not have problem, all computer connect with wired and switch. , use for order station

When i start sambapos at order station, maybe 20 minute is work fine but after that sambapos freeze and can’t touch. And i wait 5 minute, sambapos still freeze. So i must close sambapos, and start app sambapos again, sometimes normal again, and sometimes still freeze.

I have to turn off firewall at server and client.
I check event log windows not error and sambapos at server workfine and no problem.
Anybody get this problem, and how fix it?

I had the same problem, and it was windows defender running in the background.

I did a post not long back on how to disable it, but it’ll only work for Win10 Pro.

Matt

Is it because defender?
I turn on defender at background.

When i set as standalone , where sql server and sambapos as 1 computer, nothing error.
So i confuse it

Sounds like your losing connection to the database.

Connection is ok, at switch show connected with green led

He wasn’t specifically saying physical connection at switch.

Did you disable defender as suggested?

You can have green lights on switch and still lose connection every 30 seconds. Green lights is not an indicator that it’s ok. However I was not specifically thinking it was hardware it could be another issue like SQL Server dropping the connection or something else. I find it hard to believe there is no event log if it froze like that.

The problem is that it could be anything but we can only guess because we can’t see your system and you have not provided any logs or good enough supporting evidence.

It could be someone sneaking up when your not looking and turning your adapter off.

It could be a script or some other automation. It could be a network sleep and it’s not reconnecting. It could be a faulty network adapter. It could be an issue with virus scanner. It could be lots of other things.

3 Likes

As kendash says it could be all sorts of things, switch leds are pretty basic either showing plain connection, ie there is a devise connected, the divice could have bad static ip or anything and switch wouldnt look at that just there is something on the end of the wire. Even activity doesnt mean much as something simple as incorrect IP addess would place that computer on a separate subnet and prevent any inter device communication.
Switch leds are in short very rudimentary indicators and by no means a sign that everything is setup properly and working.
Even ignoring all the above the leds are defiantly not 100% a sign that a valid connection for samba is made.

How to disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy

1.Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
2.Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
3.Browse the following path: … Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender
4.On the right, double-click Turn off Windows Defender.
5.Select Enabled to disable Windows Defender.

Oke, i will try it, when i back from my retreat.
Thank you

Only Pro Editions have the Group Policy Editor MMC Snapin.

Most Home Editions of Windows do not have gpedit.msc which would be located in C:\Windows\System32\

2 Likes

Glad we solved the problem :slight_smile: