Conditionally grey out the Credit Card payment button

Hello,

I’d like to know if it’s possible to conditionally grey out the Credit Card payment button.

I have a ticket tag (CCN) that is supposed to contain the last 4 digits of the authorization code of the credit card payment transaction.

So the customer pays with his credit card, and a voucher is printed containing a long authorization code. I just take the last 4 digits.

The 4-digits code is supposed to be entered manually by the waiter in the ticket, button CCN, before entering the settle screen.

If the waiter forgets to type in the 4-digits code (TicketTag CCN is null), I’d like the payment button Credit Card to be greyed out.

Is it (easily) possible?

Thank you

There is not a way to de-activate the Credit Card button based on a condition.

However, I can think of a couple options you could do:

Option 1 (easiest) would be create a rule based on payment processed via Credit Card that would show a popup for the user to enter the 4 digit code. (Add a constraint if the Ticket Tag is null.) This will show a popup after the Credit Card payment, if the ticket tag is null.

Option 2 Create another ticket type for ordering that the Credit Card is not mapped to. You will need 2 new rules, one rule when the Ticket Tag is selected (event) it would change the Ticket Type to your standard ticket type (using the action: Change Ticket Properties). You will also need to add another rule when a ticket is paid it would change the ticket to the your standard ticket type. This will force the user to enter the 4 digit code before processing the credit card payment. Other payments (Cash, Voucher, etc) would be processed normally (the payment screen would not have a Credit Card payment option), after the other payment the second rule would change the ticket type to your normal ticket type.

You can do this with Payment Processor, Use a script to ask for the 4 digits and require that before it processes the payment. I will explain in a moment

This is how we can use Ask Payment Description Payment Processor.

You can configure ask payment description by using [?x] syntax.

[?CC Type;;Amex|Visa|Master Card|Dinners] ([?Enter Last 4 digitis;.{4};;ON])

That configuration will execute editor when we process a credit card payment.

If you press ok without input or press cancel it will not process the payment.

3 Beğeni

Stores it in payment description you can also build reports for that.

You can modify what was in the [?prompt] so it fits your needs.

Understood. Thank you, Jesse.
I’ll do it this night after closing. I’ll let you know.