Confused, on how to make order tags deduct from inventory

As we have some addons in the product required… As we used order tags as the product addon(Can be selected in multiples.) As portions can not be selected in multiples.

For Example
We have a burger, I has few portions like in burger multiple fillets(it wants two vegetables,double cheese slice)

It can be manage throw order tag but can’t be can-ceder in inventory.

Please suggest how can i order tag can-ceder in inventory.

Good explanation can be found here…

Specifically, this post (by me! ;)) …

1 Like

we have multiple products and each product has multiple order tags.so it is not possible to mention recipe for every product with its order tag.
can we have any other option that we can subtract “order tag” directly from inventory without including it in product recipe.

You dont include it in product recipe you make a recipe for it separately. Read through it carefully your missing a key point.

No the way inventory works is through recipes. You have to make a recipe for inventory to work. Not all recipes have to be on your menu… some are hidden like in this case.

For example lets say you have Product Hamburger with a recipe that includes Meat, Hamburger Bun. You use Order Tags for Pickles, Onion, Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato etc. So the Hamburger Recipe only has Meat and Hamburger Bun in it… Now to make order tags subtract from inventory you would make a Product for Pickles and a recipe for Pickles, A product for Mayo and a recipe for Mayo. You would link the inventory items Pickles into recipe Pickles… etc… Then in your menu you map those products to your order tags.

So you end up with this:

Products:
Hamburger
Hamburger Bun
Meat
Pickles
Mayo
Onions
Lettuce
Tomato

Recipes:
Hamburger
Pickles
Mayo
Onions
Lettuce
Tomato

Inventory Items:
Meat
Hamburger Buns
Pickles
Mayo
Onions
Lettuce
Tomato

Menu Items:
Hamburger

Order Tags:
Pickles
Mayo
Onions
Lettuce
Tomato

The items in Italics are really on the menu the other products are hidden. I hope that explains little more for you.

1 Like

it ll be great

can u please provide me the complete step’s of these.

That was already provided by @QMcKay in the above reference he gave here:

However I will help you more specifically can you show a screenshot of your Menu and then a screenshot of your Order Tags examples I will build you a step by step using your specific setup.

That will be really kind of you
Here is the scenario…
We need to use multiple and customised “addons and salads”

So you failed to mention what version you are using. Can you please let us know this makes a big difference.

Hi Kendash… Thanks for te reply…
We are using V3