Inventory and order tags help

I combo meals that come with one side so i’m using a order tag and limiting it to 1 selection. So my question now, Is there a way to build a recipe for my side items and when one of those order tags are selected it come out of my inventory? Or is there different way to do combo meals?

You can build recipe for any product. I have recipe for Lids for my Cups. Recipe is so it tracks inventory. Recipe does not have to be a literal recipe.

For an Order Tag to be able to alter inventory, you must define a Product for that Order Tag (you do not need to add the Product to the Menu, just use the Order Tag), and map the Order Tag to the Product. Then within the Inventory System, define an Inventory Item that will be related to each of the “invisible” Products. Then create a Recipes using the Inventory Items which are mapped to the “invisible” Products.

Let’s use Juice as an example. Let’s say we have Orange, Apple, Cranberry

Products:

• define “Master” Product Juice (this will be the only item that appears in your POS Menu)
  • define “invisible” Product Orange Juice (will not appear in the Menu)
  • define “invisible” Product Apple Juice (will not appear in the Menu)
  • define “invisible” Product Cranberry Juice (will not appear in the Menu)

Order Tags: define Order Tag Group Juices, with 3 Order Tags:

• Orange mapped to “invisible” Product Orange Juice
  • Apple mapped to “invisible” Product Apple Juice
  • Cranberry mapped to “invisible” Product Cranberry Juice

Inventory Items:

• define Inventory Item Orange Juice
  • define Inventory Item Apple Juice
  • define Inventory Item Cranberry Juice

Recipes:

• define (empty) Recipe Juice, mapped to “Master” Product Juice
  • define Recipe Orange Juice, mapped to “invisible” Product Orange Juice
  • define Recipe Apple Juice, mapped to “invisible” Product Apple Juice
  • define Recipe Cranberry Juice, mapped to “invisible” Product Cranberry Juice

Products:

Order Tags:

Inventory Items:

Recipes for all Portions of Master Product:

Recipes for all Portions of Order Tag Products:

FLOW:

Inventory Purchase:

Inventory Consumption:

2 Likes

Hmm… not working as expected - there is no Consumption for some reason. Never tried this before, so I must have done something wrong, or I have a mis-understanding on how this works with order tags.

Anybody?

Main product should also have at least an empty recipe.

1 Like

Thanks @emre, that’s what I was missing - good to know! I’ve updated my prior post to include the “Master” (empty) Recipe.

Thanks, I will try this tommorow

Why. i never had that setup…

G.