Constrain Discount Selector button on payment screen

If I click discount on the payment screen is there a way for me to check against a customer custom field “discount” that the loaded customer has a specific value “N1” in the Discount Field. It this value doesn’t exist it would display a message to the user “Discount not applied: Customer discount level not set”. What I have done:

I next created an action trying to constrain what happens when the the Calculation Selector DIS_Neighbor Discount is clicked and thats where I get lost.

I want to verify that Bob Jones has the value N1 in his discounts field. If he doesn’t the user gets the error check message and discount is not applied. Is this possible?

J

hi
you need tune rules
add custom constraint:
[:EntityCustomData] equals {ENTITY DATA:Discount:N1}

if you need a message create another rule:
constraint:
[:EntityCustomData] NOequals {ENTITY DATA:Discount:N1}
Action:
“Show message”

@josephrussell, I don’t think this can be done because you are using a Calculation Selector which is not the same as an Automation Command.

I don’t see any Event that would capture this in a Rule.

You may need to go about this a different way - do not use a Calculation Selector; instead use an Automation Command and the Action called Update Ticket Calculation

1 Like

Yep I found a tutorial today regarding Update Ticket Calculation. I’m going to work it up tonight.

Joe

So I was able to get this to work. I have different discount accounts for each type of discount:

Employee
Shift Meal
Neighbor

I was able to apply a automation command to the settle page to apply these discounts based upon if the loaded customers discount field equaled the proper code. If it does not it displays a message to the user/employee.

Employee trying to take a neigbor discount (promo program)

Employee taking a an employee discount

These functions update the discount account which corresponds to the discount transaction it accesses.

Thanks for the help!

J

1 Like