Create Ticket Action: Custom Clone Ticket Values

Yes I’m aware of it. I’ll check that.

Quick look at how it works so far.

As you can see sales and tips stay unaffected (tips would if customer wanted refund)
Tax is refunded as it shows 0 balance now since I refunded all transactions
Receivables is unaffacted as it should be because you still received everything a refund doesnt change the fact that you received money at some point.

Cash has decreased as it should because you give it back to customer. The only cash left is the 5.92 tip :stuck_out_tongue:

JUSt fyi I didnt show it in screenshot but it works for less than whole ticket refunds… it works for orders selected as well

Accounting when just 2 orders of a 4 order ticket is refunded.

It looks awesome. I wondered how did you configured Refund Transaction Type?

I’m not home atm but when I get home ill pm you a db copy.

I don’t remember the exact setup ill need to look when I get home. But basically its setup to show refunds as money going out (balance). It pulls from cash (credit).

So it shows as refund sales come in as refund receivables but refund payment goes to cash instead of receivables because its going back to customer. So the refund receivables will not balance to 0. I plan to rework it I don’t think I need a refund receivables. I’m going to toy with it more when I get home.

Instead of using refund receivables I think I should use the sales receivables. I have not decided. Its hard to do accounting when you don’t have the whole process in front of you. I’m on my phone right now

I think it will be better if refund accounts works inverse so you can sum it with sales to find your exact sale amount. However this is just an idea. There is no single true there. You can also subtract it. :slight_smile:

Edit: Sorry I mean this Sales… :slight_smile:

Well on reports I want to see sales not affected by refunds. Reason is for retail planning. I want to plan for sales not net sales. I want gross sales and net sales definable. This lets me do that.

What you described will only allow net sales and you lose gross sales tracking. I will be defining sales and net sales separately on my P&L report

OK. Great!. I think it will be better to see the finished state. Studying on it will be a great exercise for me…

FYI I was a store manager for Walmart for years so I am very well versed in retail accounting.

Planning for gross sales is crucial. But you need net sales for expense planning.

This will also give me gross profit and a operating income system.

Wow. I have future plans to create some kind of KPI dashboard infrastructure for forecasting. I think you can also help us on that area. How awesome…

Key Performance Indicators are a great tool for planning. You do NOT ever see that included in POS offerings. I would love to mess around with that.

1 Like

Made a couple changes… I kept the Pre Order option on Refund Ticket type… and I made it Update Order on original ticket to Decrease inventory False… but it does not calculate price. So the original ticket will still keep Gross Sales in accounting while showing a Strike Through on the orders to let employee know it is returned.

I could not get Update Order to update the cloned ticket to increase inventory. So by using preorder tag and setting Decrease INventory to False on original ticket it solved it.

That being said I am still wanting to try and get it to work without using Pre Order but for now it works.