Creating ticket through mobile device

Hello guys… First, congratulations for creating a great solution. I just downloaded and spent couple of hours looking at it and checking how it works. Almost everything is as it should be.

I’m not sure if SambaPos provides any interface for remote waiters who want to take order at the tables. Ideally there can be a mobile application developed for Android devices (as android based handhelds are comparatively cheaper) which will be given to waiters and order takers who can remotely create the tickets and the server should be updated automatically.

I’m not sure if this feature is already there so your comments will be valuable :blush:

Native app is not here yet. You can use RDP however which allows virtually all Android and Apple and Windows tablet/phone devices capable of running SambaPOS all the need is a RDP client app which is available on all 3 platforms.

Below is a tutorial on RDP. It gives you an idea of it. I do not recommend using desktop Client operating system version for this however it is not as efficient and does not support it out of box you have to hack it. I recommend Windows Server Edition in particular the inexpensive Windows Server 2012 Essentials.

1 Like

Hey, you guys are just AWESOME… I’ll give it a try tomorrow as its already 4AM here now :stuck_out_tongue: