Custom Entity Data on Entity Screen

Hello everyone -

I’m working on a series of entity screens from which my employees can view Member Information, tickets, Renewal information, etc. I’ve looked through the forum but I’m having a hard time putting together a method of pulling custom entity data onto the entity screen. I found a few forum topics that helped me pull an Entity Name ({REPORT SQL DETAILS:SELECT e.[Name] FROM [Entities] e WHERE e.[Id]=‘[:CommandValue]’:F.Name}) but that’s pretty much as far as I’ve gotten. My knowledge of SQL is very minimal.

The rest of the information I need to pull will be Custom Data for each Entity. I want to say I remember discussing that in order to load the data from an entity by way of an entity screen you had to load a ticket, then the entity, then pull the information you need, then close the ticket using rules. Is this correct? Or is there a simpler way such as the REPORT SQL DETAILS method above?

Thanks for any input you may have!

If you are looking to get custom data from the entity, you can do it directly from the entity. But youll have to handle JSON format.

From tickets, its historic data, what sort of details were available in the entity when the ticket was created.

Can be a difference depending on what you are updating with entity details.

Share what you got, Ill be able to help you whip something up together

{REPORT SQL DETAILS:SELECT [Name],[CustomData] FROM [Entities] WHERE [Id] = [:CommandValue]:F.Name,F.CustomData(Name=Phone)Value,F.CustomData(Name=Address)Value}

F.CustomData(Name=xxxxx)Value

1 Like

Thanks YILDIZHANPOS! I appreciate that!

Good to know! I’m going to put together what I have so far and ill share… it’s far from complete but I surprised myself on how far I got before having to ask. haha

Right now I’m stuck on getting a dynamic photo as an automation command button image. I may be going about this wrong but I thought that may be a simple way to display an image on an entity screen if I saved it as a program setting and then called that with {LOCAL SETTING:Photo} for example. I know I can do that with GraphQL but with the limited resources avail on the forum its proven to be more of a challenge to pick up… though I’ve improved with the help of support and Jesse. I don’t think I’m quite there yet, though. :slight_smile:

Member Information Properties
Member Information Settings

1 Like

I just realized I had quotes around the program setting in the widget but with that removed it still doesn’t work. Just wanted to make sure I clarified.

Okay so I’ve got the bulk of what’d Id like in place. It just needs some formatting and cleaning up. I’m not sure how to share it here properly, honestly. Can I do a database backup and have you take a peek at it? Right now my hold up is pulling a specific Global Setting From Samba via GraphQL and setting it in a variable. This is the first time I’ve worked with ajax, JSON, and GraphQL so it’s a little overwhelming. I can get the setting and console.log it but for whatever reason I can’t get my head around how to get it from the JSON object to a variable. I’m sure it’s staring me in the face but after a couple days of trial and error everything looks like Mandarin to me.

My workflow is as follows…and this all revolves around our member accounts, registration, renewals, and basic information retrieval. So no tickets or anything are involved here, accounting and that aspect is nearly compelted.

1. We extend an invitation to a new club member.

1. Everything in my facility is accessed via RFID key fobs. An employee grabs a new key envelope and scans the preset member ID and Access ID into the Registration screen via an automation command which saves both to their respective global setting.

3)It then sends a refresh to the tablet we’re about to hand the new member and pulls the two numbers from samba to use for the remaining steps.

1. We hand the new member a tablet with an internally hosted page where they enter their information. We need this info in it entirety to comply with ABC regulations in Arkansas.
  2. When all information is entered they snap a photo with the tablet and it gets uploaded to our server. They then press submit which sets all the entity fields and sends that to Samba via GraphQL.
  3. Done.

Where I’m stuck is # 3. I’ve tried so many variations of code I have no idea what I could send that would show you where I am currently. MemberID is the primary field for this entity type as we have several people with the same names, plus their membership number is a good constant to go by. So needless to say, not being able to pull this info is detrimental to this process. I was able to put together a fully functional system when it was by the Name field. Doing it that way didn’t require retrieving any info from samba only writing the new data.

As mentioned, I’m not sure what exactly to share with you that will be of any further help. I’m assuming it’d be the front end stuff from the web server, but I’m not sure. If that’s the case I feel like it may be easier to send the entire site so you can see it interact. I haven’t had a chance to clean it up so I would need to prewarn you… there is poorly written code and then there is atrocious coding… I would fall into the later of the two. :slight_smile: A newbie is a newbie. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure I can be much help with the scripting part. If you are ok with that, I can take a look at your entity screen. Just PM your database.

Thank you sir! I ran into a little snag with GraphQL and then had a family emergency so I’m a little behind but I’ll PM you soon. Be good to have some extra eyes on it. I’m sure there are easier ways to go about what I’ve put together.

Thanks again!

1 Like