Customer Deposits

Is there a tutorial on creating a deposit receipt for customers?

I regularly have children’s parties and always ask for a deposit which covers the cost of things that would lose me money if it was cancelled. Normally £20.

Is there a system I can set up which would allow me to take the deposit, it be put through as the party deposit - so I can set up my own fields such as “name” “Date” etc?

Thanking you kindly

Matt

You could setup a customer entity and setup fields to capture their info such as name, address, contact number etc

As the party date could change or they could book another party on a different day in the future after this party, instead of having party date as a field when creating the customer entity you could have it as a ticket tag instead. This is so you wouldnt need to keep editing the entity, you could simply select them to add them to the ticket, then we could setup a “party deposit” button (either set it to your specific price £20, or create it with no price so you can type any price you want depending in if the customer gives you more)
Then when the party deposit is added to the ticket a keypad will appear asking you to type in the party date, this will then be added to the ticket as a ticket tag

As the customer has been added to the ticket as an entity you can close the ticket so the remaining balance can be paid on the day of the party or whenever you want it by

The receipt template can be edited to have the customer entity details printed (name address etc) and the ticket tag with the date can be set to print and the receipt will print automatically when the ticket is closed

Would something like that help? Or be useful?

In fact thinking about it again we could copy the table entity system and change it to be months (instead if tables) and dates (instead of table number) then the entity you would add to the ticket would be the date of the party, and with that setup when a date is selected and a party booked the date would turn orange so you knew there was a party that day, like it does in a table setup a table is occupied and orders added.

Then when that date entity is added to the ticket you could setup ticket tags to automatically produce a keypad for you to enter customers name, address, post code, number, name of child etc. these would add to the ticket and can be printed on the receipt

Then you could setup a product called party deposit with no price so that when selected and added to the ticket you are promoted to enter the amount of deposit paid

I assume once the ticket is opened and deposit added the remaning amount would be paid at a later date, if so we would have to set the ticket as a preorder so that you can close the work period at the end of the day and start a new work period the next day, as you cant close work periods with active tickets, preorder gets around this

We can set the receipt to print any details you want

Theres a few ways to do this, it can definitely be done :slight_smile:

Thanks, I knew there would be an easy way using things already implemented. Im still learning the ropes to Samba, but i seem to be getting more and more educated on it the more I do.

Ill have a go then give out my tutorial (if it works)

Matt

I also thought there might be a way of creating it using the gift voucher tutorial, just changing a few things.

Guys please how do I accept more deposits from a customer who already has some money in his customer account, so it is totalled up…

To credit a Customer Account …

Create Transaction Types for different methods of Deposits, such as Cash or Credit Card.

Create Account Document Type(s), and place the Transaction Type in the Document. This will provide a button on the Customer Account Screen which will allow you to submit funds to the Account.

This is what it looks like:

Here is how to set up the 2 buttons…

Create the Transaction Type(s) first, then create the Document Type for each button you want to appear. The Transaction Type will become part of the Document Type.

Cash Button…

Credit Card Button…

1 Like

I use v4 and I noticed it’s already on the system by default setup that way…but even if I click on cash or credit card it brings up last balance in the account…making me edit it…which Wil not eventually add up…

The value that is supplied for you is [Balance] … this is shown as the Default Amount on the Document Type. You can remove [Balance] from that field and it will then not give you an amount by default.

When you pay for items using Customer Account, it will Debit the Account, causing the balance to increase (more positive). For an item with a cost of 10, the account will show as 10 (meaning positive), indicating they owe money on their account.

When you make payment to a Customer Account using these types of Documents, it will Credit the Account, causing the balance to decrease (more negative). If we deposit 15 to the account now, the account will show as (5) (brackets mean negative), indicating the account has credit that can be used later.

2 Likes

Thanks QMcKay, I am actually on the road now…I would try it again first thing when am home…

Much thanks QMcKay… I have gotten it correctly…

1 Like