Customer Display with Advertisement

@eddhasaj Hi there, I imported @JohnS zip file into the database to try these features out, everything works as expected for the main.html file. It behaves as per your description above i.e.: all items listed on one line.

I tried troubleshooting this and realised the HTML headers seem to be replaced every time a Ticket action occurs i.e. the main.html only lists the “Order Tags” and has no "<html> or <body>" tags.
How did you fix this situation if I may ask? Thanks in advance

Sorry its been a while since I was working with that. Did you try the <L00> in front of all the context in the print template in samba. @satianv

@eddhasaj I edited your post. If you use the </> button after highlighting it they will show properly.

oh okay! Any news with a new version release of samba? @kendash

New stuff is happening behind the scenes. Lots of cool things. I cant really speak for when any releases will happen but it will definitely be worth the wait :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah haha I check everyday… so excited. Do you know if he will be including any of the sub items feature he had once released a preview of? @kendash

@Jesse @JohnS @eddhasaj

Gents thanks for helping. attached is the standard template that has been imported directly from John’s zip file above. I have reattached the template for your reference. Also a screen shot of the the edit “main.html” after a ticket is settled. Note: the HTML tags are missing at the top, only Ticket text is maintained.
Archive.zip (36.7 KB)

Wait so you still need help or did you resolve the issue? @satianv

Yes still needing help. Sorry I wasn’t clear with my earlier post.

I maybe missing an understanding of exactly where I need to place the L00 tags

BTW @Hasa to answer your question

The answer is… Cheese.Hard lol sorry inside joke… anyway like I said lots of cool things going on :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

haha dont get the joke, but awsome. I have a feeling that he will be including it because it will be improving combo flow alot aswell. @kendash

@satianv sorry but im extremely busy right now and no longer have that setup on my workstation pc. Ill try to find a day to post a tutorial for you. The reason I didnt post any tutorials yet is because I have alot more work to do on it, I want to incorperate a professional digital signage system with samba so just sit tight I will get it soon.

Customer Display with Advertising
Items and Order Tags

1 Like

I like it. How did you go about doing this? Did you use php? I have a really cool setup I’m working on still that I plan on releasing soon after v5. @arslan

Could you post your code for people please?

@Hasa @QMcKay
Check this Please

<l><html>
<l></head>
<l><script src="live.js"></script>
<l><body>
<l><pre><center><font size="6">Total             $ {TICKET TOTAL}</font>
<l><center><div style="width: 90px;font-size: 22px;position: absolute;right: 0;left: 0;background: red;color: #FFF;margin: auto;">ITEMS</div></center>
<l><div style="background: #EEE; width: 400px;padding: 0px 0px 15px 0px;font-size: 14px;font-family: calibri;">
{ORDERS}
<l></div>
<L>
[<L00>----------------------- Notes -------------------------
<L>
{NOTE}
<L>]
<li><table width="360" border="0" style="margin-top: -24px;border-bottom: solid 1px #BBB;padding: 5px;font-family: calibri;font-weight: bold;">
<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="152"></td>
<li>    <td width="124">Amount Tendered</td>
<li>    <td width="62" style="text-align:right">$ {TENDERED TOTAL}</td>
<li>  </tr>

<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="152"></td>
<li>    <td width="124">Change Due</td>
<li>    <td width="62" style="text-align:right">$ {CHANGE TOTAL}</td>
<li>  </tr>
<li></table>
<C00>T H A N K   Y O U
<l></center></pre>
<l></body>
<l></html>

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>
<li><table width="360" border="0" style="margin-bottom: -50px; border-bottom:solid 1px #BBB; padding:5px">
<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="30">{QUANTITY}.</td>
<li>    <td width="263">{NAME}</td>
<li>    <td width="83" style="text-align:right">$ {TOTAL AMOUNT}</td>
<li>  </tr>
<li></table>
<l><div style="text-align:left;">
{ORDER TAGS}
<l></div>

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<li><table width="360" border="0" style="margin-left: 17px; font-size: 13px;margin-top: 19px;margin-bottom: -36px;">
<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="45"></td>

<li>    <td width="263">{ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
<li>    <td width="83" style="text-align:right">{PRICE}</td>
<li>  </tr>
<li></table>
2 Likes

Hi, I’m trying to follow this instructions, but in my setup I’m having some issues, can anyone help me???. Please see attached file
Screen Printer Issue.pdf (1.6 MB)

Just pointing out what I see…

Template: Screen Ticket - Idle
Missing:

</head>
<body>

Template: Screen Ticket - Order
Incorrect placement:

</head>

Missing:

<head>

Every Template should have this structure:

<html>
<head>
<script src="live.js#html"></script>
</head>
<body>
ALL YOUR CONTENT HERE
</body>
</html>

Rule: Screen Ticket - OrderTag Changed
The event is for Ticket Tag Selected
It should be for: Order Tagged

For your “idle” screen issue not appearing, add a new Rule for the Event called Ticket Closed.

For other timing issues, did you look at the .js file?

This section is incorrect:

<l><html>
<l></head>
<l><body>

Change it to:

<l><html>
<l><head>
<l></head>
<l><body>

Thanks guys, almost perfect now…

The only issue that has to be fixed now is when I change a quantity or select an order tag, deletes the items from the browser and only displays the one that I have changed the quantity. (slides 7 and 8 of my previous post).

Is there a rule that I’m missing? which event should control this?

Try setting your Print Job Action for Screen Ticket - Order, with Ignore Selected Orders = True, as such …

:exclamation: When changing parameters in an Action, you should remove the Action from your Rules, save the Rule, then re-add the Action to your Rules, and save the Rule again.

If that still doesn’t quite work, make a change to your Template for Screen Ticket - Order, Sort Orders to Last Update Time, as such…