Customer Search does does not provide any results whatsoever!

Hello all!

I have successfully installed and configured v4 all through reading the questions and answers through this forum. The POS system has been working just great from first installation 4 months ago until now.

After searching for 3+ hours for the answer and fiddling around, I have succumbed to posting my first question. I don’t know how to post screen prints so here is my attempt at explaining the issue;

I have as one of my ENTITIES “Customers” and this list has over a hundred entries.

Previously, searching for anything under “CUSTOMER SEARCH” would result in showing all those items that matched the search.

Now when I perform a search under CUSTOMER SEARCH for a particular name I know is within the “Customers” list, no name comes up. In fact, nothing comes up for anything I type!

The strange part is if I create and save a new customer (say Edward), then that customer is displayed under the CUSTOMER SEARCH area straight away. However, if I search anything else (say Andrew) and then afterwards search Edward again, Edward will not show up again in the search results section.

Just to point out, within the ENTITY LIST, I have as the ENTITY TYPE “Customers” so it should be looking at the right entity?

What could be the issue? Your help is much appreciated and eagerly awaited.

I have managed to solve this now.

STATE FILTER within the ENTITY LIST should remain blank.

Hope it helps someone!

2 Likes

It only has to be blank if you want to search ALL entities, if you wanted to reduce the search setting a value would obviously only search within entities with the specified state. Just saying…

3 Likes