Data Export for Inventory

Hi - I am trying to create a data export for inventory… is this possible? If so could someone please show me the syntax… Or is there a list somewhere so I can figure it out myself… Thanks

You can export any custom report as shown here.

If you can explain exactly what & in what format you want to export we may better help.

Hi… Thanks for your reply…

Basically I want to be able to export all inventory items that were used in a given work period to excel.

So that way I can cross reference sold items against inventory used to create a stock check… I know this is a feature that lives within Samba but for our purposes we don’t enter inventory IN - hence why a data export of inventory items that were used in a work period would rock.

Thanks

Not sure if I made it clear there… Not items sold ie: fish and chips - but inventory items - so 100g of potato and 300g of fish… Hope that’s clear

inventory consumption is also available in custom reports.

You’ll use custom reports to prepare your report. For example:

[Inventory Report:1,1, 1]
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Unit,C.Inventory}

You can use this report to export data. For example you can create a new Data Export as shown on the topic I’ve referenced and add this as export template.

{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Unit,C.Inventory::{0},{1},{2}}

That will put commas between fields.

Here are possible REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS Fields.

C.StartDate
C.EndDate
C.Name
C.Unit
C.Inventory
C.Warehouse
C.InStock
C.Added
C.Removed
C.Consumption
C.Cost

2 Likes

I would like to see only those Items which have been consumed. I would also like to see the Items listed Alphabetically. Why does this not give expected results?

[Inventory Consumption:1,1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
>Item|Unit|Inv|InStock|Added|Removed|Consumed
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name,C.Unit,C.Inventory,C.InStock,C.Added,C.Removed,C.Consumption:(C.Consumption>0)}

Yeah in the era of driverless cars I still can’t sense user’s intentions. Try this.

[Inventory Consumption:1,1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
>Item|Unit|Inv|InStock|Added|Removed|Consumed
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name.desc,C.Unit,C.Inventory,C.InStock,C.Added,C.Removed,C.Consumption:C.Consumption>0}
1 Like

Thanks Emre… so all I needed to do was remove (brackets) from the condition. Perfect…

Using the (brackets) around the condition produced an empty result.

When you have lot of Inventory it is useful to see what is consumed rather than a giant list of items which have not been affected.

Bracketed expressions are pre-configured expressions. For example (TT=Ticket) translates to something like T.TicketTypeId == 1. You can prefer one of them but if you want to use database field values as expression you won’t use brackets.

1 Like

How does Added and Removed Work ?
Is this based on Current Inventory entered in EOD Report ?