Data export help

i have problem creating csv report cause it always show in text file no matter what i do and when i set file name : D:\Report.csv , data be same as preview in app , any help ?

Check your export Template. It looks like you are using semi-colon (;) as separator instead of comma (,).

Excel could be made to parse by semi-colon, but by default it is looking for comma.

Turkish Excel uses ; char as separator as , is decimal separator in our language. That’s why my sample used ; separator. That was explained in tutorial.

1 Like

still didn’t work for me , i tried a lot and still nothing , with , or ;

it worked fine now , how i can remove void orders , i don’t want it to show in the report

Depends how your generating the report data, most likely by specifying order state in the report tag.

Index,Date,Time,Name,Quantity,Price,Service,ExactTotal
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS: 
  <row>,
  O.Date,
  O.Time,
  O.MenuItemName,
  O.Quantity,
  O.Price,
  ([O.Quantity]*[O.Price]-[O.ExactTotal]),
  O.ExactTotal,
:
:"{0}","{1}","{2}","{3}","{4}","{5}","{6}","{7}"}
,,,,,,,=SUM(F3:F<row-1>)

Do you want to re-post that but before submitting select the code and click the </>button on the editor as forum will stip some code.

To remove voids you will need to add an expression / ‘constraint’ to the report.
Have a reread of the custom reports in detail tutorial emre wrote, although in V4 category the report tags still work in a similar way in V5.

1 Like

Try adding (ODI=True) expression. That filters out Order’s does not Decrese Inventory

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS: 
  <row>,
  O.Date,
  O.Time,
  O.MenuItemName,
  O.Quantity,
  O.Price,
  ([O.Quantity]*[O.Price]-[O.ExactTotal]),
  O.ExactTotal,
:(ODI=True)
:"{0}","{1}","{2}","{3}","{4}","{5}","{6}","{7}"}
3 Likes