Database Backups tab incredibly slow to load

Wow, that is a big jump from free version LOL.
If it were me I would backup and then clear transactions etc and start fresh LOL

Exceeding limits on free express would be an eventuality for any software keeping a historical transaction log etc at some point, just depends on the rate you expand records.

No. Even you have millions of transactions you are not gonna to exceed the limit of SQL Express.

I remember your situation now, if I remember correctly I connected to your system half a year or so ago when you had some serious issue relating to database size. I told you then you had a kitchen display that you were not using and it was storing many tasks. You told me at the time because Vebhi had looked into it and found another issue, you didn’t need my help. I explained the tasks issue would not go away. This is relatively easy to fix, you need to clear tasks table and remove the kitchen display setup you are not using. You then need to shrink the database to remove all the unused space. You would then be down to a more reasonable size. Before shrinking you can also look at the auto size columns in SambaPOS program settings > Maintenance which will reduce memory usage of SQL server.

1 Like

I removed the Kitchen Display as you had recommended and Vehbi removed the data from the Tasks table half a year ago.

Back then, the problem was the computer itself. I had a standard consumer-level SSD in my previous computer and SSDs are generally not known for their longevity under constant read-writes.

I tested my read/write speed using CrystalDisk. My read speed decayed to like 70Mb/s and my write speed was like 3 Kb/s. Now, I’m using a server-grade SSD.

What was the command for deleting tasks again?

If kitchen display was only use of tasks one of these cant be true as over a GB of task table suggests otherwise if thats the case.

92.000 is not a huge number.
But there is a free space in DB, after deleting old tasks from table.
So you can make a Shrink operation to remove free spaces from DB. (via SQL Management Studio)
And if you use full recovery model, your log file can be bigger.

1 Like