Database connection problem on network

Hello all!
First of all I hope you guys as restaurateurs could cope the last 3 months and I hope life has given you a chance to reset and re-evaluate your businesses and your family, I definitely have had a big change of heart regarding my businesses, for us here in South Africa it has been a wild ride with even cigarettes and alcohol being banned during the hard lockdown.

My current problem is a old favourite on the forum: Database not connecting on network terminals

I have followed every post about DB connection problems on the forum and I have done my best to research but I can not find the problem to rectify itself. I have installed DB on a few servers in the past so did not think I would struggle, but here I am. Please have a look at my screen shots and see if you can spot a mistake.

server name: SERVER
instance: SAMBAPOS (not SQLEXPRESS)
user: sa
password: sambapos
databse: sambapos5

Firewall off on all pc’s and server
SQL specified ports TCP1433 & UDP 1434
TCP 1433 & UDP 1434 on inbound firewall
Same network, all connected and shared
Server PC sambapos connected to DB and message server connected
SAMBAPOS sql TCP/IP enabled, remote network allowed.

SQL CONNECTION
2020-06-05 12_25_18-Window
2020-06-05 14_36_01-Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
SERVICES RUNNING
2020-06-05 12_26_09-Window
TCP ENABLED

FIREWALL PORTS
2020-06-05 12_28_09-Window
2020-06-05 12_28_32-Window
SQL SERVER CONFIG MANAGER

FIREWALL COMPLETELY OFF

SQL SAMBAPOS ALLOW REMOTE CONNECTIONS

TEST CONNECTION WORKS ON SERVER
2020-06-05 13_00_17-Settings
NETWORK PC CONNECTION STRING

SERVER SAMBAPOS DB STRING (NOTWORKING)

1 Like

try using the ip address of the computer instead of the name.

I have tried it, checked it also to make 100% sure:

Data Source=192.168.1.16\SAMBAPOS; User Id=sa; Password=sambapos; Database=sambapos5;

SERVER IP SETTINGS
2020-06-05 15_22_21-Window

erase your sambasettings file from c:/programdata folder then restart sambapos. Try connecting with the ip by editing the connection string again and give us a screenshot of it.

PS your sql server appears to be on 192.168.1.8 not .16?

please send me in a direction with sambasettings, on server or terminal? which folder Program --> Sambapos5 ?

.8 or .16 doesn’t work either, tried different switches and routers hence IP change during the day.

c:/programdata is hidden folder. It would be on the terminal not the server. Enable view hidden folders to see it.

How are you changing it? just entering it in the prompt that pops up? You need to change it in the sambasettings text file located in programdata hidden folder under SambaPOS

yes only on DB error msg popup, will try …
HOLD on, got it!!! It was the IP. when I changed it to .16 on config manager it worked.

Thank you very much Jesse

So my message server on terminal reports IP as sever 192.168.1.8 but sql is on 192.168.1.16 and both work? I’ll take those rules off for now and try and get it back to PC names as I had it pre-lockdown. Thank you again, will try other options now to clean it up.

edit:
Of course SQL and Message service have nothing to do with each other