Date range included in data Export?

Hi all,

I have a data export running to export item sales data. It works fine however I would like to be able to have the date range that I select also included in the data export at the top of the file before the data begins. something like this:
Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 15.18.51
The data part of this is fine, it’s just the report range at the top which is an issue. happens as standard in the visual reports but not sure if can be achieved in the same way through exports?

Any tips appreciated!

Check the custom report help list of expressions, there is a bunch of tags like that with wp id etc.

Hi,

Went through all the work period tags but they seem to cover ID, Number, and which server opened and closed but nothing that covers dates.
Do any of the tags report the variables chosen for the date export, so far no luck…

No there are not tags for that. It is hard coded.

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the reply, before I give up im wondering if I could do some sort of workaround where i call the date and time of the first ticket/order in the covered export and then something to call the Last ticket date and time? (though not sure how id call a ‘first’ and ‘last’)
It won’t be the exact date range of the report but will be within the two needed points and hence viable for the reports intentions.

So far I have: (the two {DATE} tags are where I need some dates within the report period)

[Summary:0]
Location name,SkinnyTom’s Deli
Begin date,{DATE}
End date,{DATE:O}
Total Revenue excl. tax,{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.sum:(ODI=True):"{0}"}\r\n
Total Revenue inc. tax,{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.sum:(ODI=True):"{0}"}\r\n,

[Menu Item Sales:0]
Menu Item,Code,Price,QTY,Excl VAT,Incl VAT,Catergory
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName.desc,M.Barcode,M.Price,O.Quantity.sum,O.ExactTotal.sum,O.ExactTotal.sum,O.ItemGroup:(ODI=True):"{0}","{1}","{2}","{3}","{4}","{5}","{6}","{7}"}

Yea you can do that but I am not the best with sql. Maybe another member can help you build that.

No worries thanks for everything