DBTools Export / Config Task YAML do not contain all necessary mapping information for Automation Commands

If you do a DBTools Export or a Configuration Task selection that creates YAML for Automation Commands that have Multiple Mappings, those mappings are not included in the Export/YAML. So when trying to Import the affected export, or run the Config Task containing the affected YAML, they will fail with:

Sequence contains more than one matching element

For example, given this Automation Command with multiple Mappings, the Terminal, UserRole, Department, and Ticket Type are not included in the Export/YML:

This problem is clearly illustrated in a Config Task YAML export in the AutomationCommandMaps section at the bottom - this will cause an error when the Task is run:

AutomationCommands:
- Name: QMX Price Change
  ButtonHeader: New Price
  Color: '#FFF48481'
  FontSize: 26
  SortOrder: 720
  ClearSelection: true
  Category: QMX
  AutomationCommandMaps:
  - DisplayOnOrders: true
    EnabledStates: '*'
    VisibleStates: '*'

When attempting to run the Task (or import the DBTools Export), the following error appears:

In the Logfile, we see this:

-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.2.3
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     QBOOK
User:        Quentin
Date:        2018-05-04
Time:        15:47

User Explanation:

Quentin said ""

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.InvalidOperationException
Source:      System.Core
Stack Trace: at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.Injection.DtoCopyInjection.SetValue(ConventionInfo c)
   at Omu.ValueInjecter.ConventionInjection.Inject(Object source, Object target)
   at Omu.ValueInjecter.ValueInjection.Map(Object source, Object target)
   at Omu.ValueInjecter.StaticValueInjecter.InjectFrom[T](Object target, Object[] source)
   at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.DatabaseModule.Tools.ExportTools.GenericImporter.Import[TClass,TDto](IList`1 dtos) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\DatabaseModule\Tools\ExportTools\ImportManager.cs:line 540
   at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.DatabaseModule.Tools.ExportTools.ImportManager.Import(ExportDefinition exportDefinition) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\DatabaseModule\Tools\ExportTools\ImportManager.cs:line 51
   at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.DatabaseModule.ExportHelper.ExecuteSingleTask(AutoConfigurationTaskItem taskItem, Dictionary`2 keys, Object dataObject) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\DatabaseModule\ExportHelper.cs:line 163
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ExportHelper , AutoConfigurationTaskItem , Dictionary`2 , Object )
   at Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary.Modules.DatabaseModule.ExportHelper.ExecuteTask(AutoConfigurationTask task, Dictionary`2 keys) in C:\Users\vehbi\Source\Repos\sambapos-v5-pro\Samba.Presentation.ClientLibrary\Modules\DatabaseModule\ExportHelper.cs:line 124

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Common, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
FastButton, Version=1.0.0.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Home
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = 
--CurrentTimeZone = -360
--FreePhysicalMemory = 3563696
--OSArchitecture = 64-bit
--OSLanguage = 1033
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 10.0.15063

Machine
-QBOOK
--Manufacturer = HP
--Model = HP Spectre x360 Convertible     
--TotalPhysicalMemory = 8496979968
--UserName = QBOOK\Quentin

Are we able to import/export things with mappings as well? I am currently setting up print jobs for over 13 printers and a really tedious time daunting task when you have to list each station for each category since they want certain stations to print at certain printers for certain food.

Usually in most cases I believe so. Not remembering specifics, I think most things retain mappings but some don’t. You should try it and check.

2 Likes

I didn’t see mappings on anything I needed that’s why I asked. Like order tags don’t have mappings for example. It’s a bummer cause it would be really beneficial for us.

Yeah I have noticed before Order Tags don’t import mappings.

Possibly the reason for this is because you can’t import Products this way, and most things that retain mappings can also be imported.

I would imagine to be able to have mappings for Order Tags, additional checks would be needed to ensure the Products / Product Groups exist already. However having said that, I have seen mappings imported before that map to other things not on the target database (obviously you need to fix manually afterwards) so in that respect, same could be done for Order Tags.

1 Like

The mappings are still not being exported in V5.5.23
(exported some Automation commands and some Order Tags and looked at JSON output.)
I think it’s important to have the Export/Import and Config Task features working properly. These are core features for advanced development.

If developers look at features and create a development strategy based on those features such as using Config Tasks, then later when we discover our Config Task or Import fails because we used mappings, it can be quite shocking and dissappointing and combined with other issues could even cause someone to abandon SambaPOS.

It’s been over a year since Q reported this issue.
is there a bug tracking system in use other than the forum?
There seems to be a systemic issue here which needs to be solved.

2 Likes

Yes we must use a bug tracking system for forum members. We use internal systems but we must open this to everyone.

3 Likes

Right. I know you are resource limited, so maybe some members could help work through the forum and consolidate the overlooked bugs, and help separate the info from the noise.

Note also the other Config Tasks issue reported by Q:

Not even sure if this is still a bug or not. I would have to run tests to find out!

1 Like