Default Order State Ticket State

I have a idea, might be good or bad… Has anyone on here ever created a flow chart of the default states that come built into samba?.. Ive been thinking about creating a flow chart for my system to better understand my different states but i cant remember now how the defaults were setup because ive changed them. This could help new comers understand the system better and where the rules and actions come into play for placing orders to tickets to closing etc.

If using sql change connection string db name and will create a seperate fresh default db.

Off the top of my head…

Ticket
New - unpaid - bill requested - paid

Orders
New - submitted

Entity
Not so sure from memory.
Think it’s available - new orders - bill requested - available

You say you changed default states, normally this isnt recommended as can cause issues if not 100%, typically you should try and use seperate custom states to avoid messing up default flow.

PS, there is allot of info on the forum :wink:
About 8th result on search for default states:

Looks like bill requested is just entity, ticket is locked at that step in the flow.

:wink:

Well I didn’t really change the default states just the default rules and flow for like holding a order before printing it to the kitchen and all that. To create a send to kitchen printer button. Just was thinking the visual of it might help people understand it better.

What you really need to understand is what a State is. You define a State Name like Status. Then you can use different states of Status. It can be an Entity State or a Ticket State or an Order State. You set a State and then you can do something only if its in that State. So take the Ticket state Name of Status. You may want it to do something when an order is added to a ticket and the State of Status is New Orders but you need it to do something else if the State of Status is Unpaid. So if Order added to Ticket happens and Status is in Unpaid State then it will do something different.

You only define states in the States settings if you want to show it visually either on reports or on an Entity screen like Colors of tables etc.