Delivery question

@emre I appreciate that :smile:

1 Like

I typically only ask for backup if it looks like a possible issue with sambapos and not just a user mistake.

1 Like

Could the problem maybe be in the entity screen ā€˜widgetā€™ setting?

1 Like

Do I map the automation right? they have no scree shoots in the tutorial so I did it myself. are they right?

Fair shout, was more trying to encourage @mohamed1313 to think about what the constrains are doing after he said he didnā€™t understand and just copied from tutorial.

These are the widgets

I really appreciate your effort with me guys. It still not working what you think the problem is?

OK, I may be wrong as havenā€™t tried this config but looking at actions and rules, and how I think the setup works the buttons you use to allocate a deliver are using and automation comand calling an action to set a status of the delivery driver,
However the ticket lister widget is looking for a state of delivering?
Or am I reading that wrong @emre @Jesse

You made a mistake while configuring your rules and actions. @mohamed1313 honestly Iā€™m not sure your rule constraints are still correctly configured or not. Also you didnā€™t added screenshots for some actions like Store Selected Deliverer Name so Iā€™m also not sure if they are connected fineā€¦

So you really started from a complex setup and I should admit it is hard for a beginner to setup these correctly without understanding what you are doing. Iā€™ll suggest you to start from simpler setups. Understand how actions, action variables, rules and constraints works. I believe youā€™ll find even better ways to implement this setup. This is really old tutorial and we have some new features useful for that caseā€¦

While trying to find issues with rules and actions Show Message action is a really nice tool to find your mistakes. For example you can try to show selected delivererā€™s name to ensure buttons works fine, after that step you can use it to display ticket id values to ensure that reads fineā€¦ and so onā€¦

3 Likes

I think it is right because this state as I understand is responsible to change the ticket state to be (delivering) after it assigned to deliverer.

First with v4 you can let the widget create the command buttons with the box at bottom of the widget settings. Second those commands do not need mappings because you are not using actual buttons your using widgets for them.

It looks like its not switching entities so a place to start is delete the buttons you made and instead use the command buttons option inside the Ticket Lister widget. Then double check your connections there.

I am willing to bet those buttons have no clue whats happening inside Ticket Lister widgetā€¦ So how would they be able to interact with a ticket?

1 Like

That was my best guess by just looking at your screenshots, if @emre and @Jesse canā€™t see what the issue is I probably wonā€™t be much help.
Time to hit the hay anyway :slight_smile:

@emre

Excuse me, I need to work this function. It doesnā€™t matter if complex or not i need to discover the problem. you makes me disappointed with my challenge. It is very important to me. I see the video on youtube for this service and how it works fine and I really need this to work with me. please try to help me more time again.

@Jesse these are automation buttons already not entity, I removed the mapping and thanks to clarify that.

Please guys I need this issue.

I realize that but according to how your trying to use them they are designed to switch Entitiesā€¦ You press one and it assigns that entity to the ticketā€¦ What I am saying is with V4 you create those buttons from inside Ticket Lister settingsā€¦ you do not create separate Automation Command Button widgets.

The buttons you create from inside the Ticket Lister widget will have access to the tickets.

We are trying to help you. But you are making it very difficult. We have limited knowledge of your mistake so we are forced to either guess, or prod you for more information. Its like hiding behind a wall and asking someone on the other side of the wall what color of coat you have on. That person will have no clueā€¦ without asking you questions.

2 Likes

@Jesse give me please a screen shoot of how to create button from a ticket lister I donā€™t understand.

The other issue about the complex I can give you my backup if you donā€™t mind to check it directly, may be I cannot give you my full descriptions

Yours will look slightly different because this was version 5ā€¦ the color tags you see will not work. But basically you just type the name of the command there and it will create the button. SO for your example type Del2=Deliverer Selected

Create multiple buttons by putting them on new lines like following:

Nothing change :frowning: could you find my backup?

Please respect what Emre said. Lets try and work through this. Maybe you should work through a few v4 tutorials that deal with entity Screens in particular the Kitchen Display it may teach you some valuable things that can help you identify your issue.

I would advise not listing your database publicly it contains information you may not want others to see. It is basically your entire setup including possible transactional data.

aha ok I appreciate your advice. and ok I stop at this point and many thanks for you @kendash and for @emre also for @JTRTech you are good people and glad to learn from you. hace a nice day my friend and thanks again