Delivery screen not pulling customer information under individual Driver

The best resource for learning it is to follow our tutorials categories on the forum. Do tutorials even if you feel you may not need that feature it will help you understand how our system works. Once you get the base understanding then self paced learning really takes off.

v5 tutorials:

These are v4 tutorials most of them can still be applied to v5 today.

1 Like

In most cases, all you will need to do is logout and log back in to update information, no need to close SambaPOS.

This feature is already available on the POS screen. Just start typing what you want to search for. The menu will change to display the search results. (use lower case characters)

??? Are meaning the POS screen? Yes, you can configure it so certain user roles login, it automatically goes to that screen.

As Jesse said above, the tutorials is the best way.

Definitely learning and enjoying it. I noticed that the learning curve at the beginning is very high and you knock your head sometimes or should I say lots of time lol but I can see it is becoming easier to understand.

In most cases, all you will need to do is logout and log back in to update information, no need to close SambaPOS.

I do understand but can’t this be a command that is triggerred on the server then pushes it to terminals to logout and back in.

This feature is already available on the POS screen. Just start typing what you want to search for. The menu will change to display the search results. (use lower case characters)

Thanks a million I did not know that :slight_smile:

??? Are meaning the POS screen? Yes, you can configure it so certain user roles login, it automatically goes to that screen.

Yes I mean the POS screen but I don’t like the number pad and don’t always want to use the menu buttons like. I want to make it cleaner and sleeker and not so bulky.

You can get rid of numberpad, dont have it on any menus at hotel.
Its a menu category option.
You can also set custom key codes and create custom keyboards too.
Take a look at @RickH setup on forum, his menu is pretty much a big keyboard of custom buttons and menu switching, he’s put allot of work into getting his how he wanted it.

1 Like

also, dont understand this issue with logout.
There is a termin option for logout.
Also there is a logout action. If you really wanted you could broadcast message and logout of message received, although wouldnt logout if a ticket is open and not close able but in theory you could automate arround that too with a hold ticket setup.
We use autologout on our tills along with a cheap USB rfid reader and all staff have to swipe to log back in after each transaction since tills are communal.

1 Like

Thanks let me explain further but I think you have pretty much summed it up. Our terminals are communal as well. When I make changes on the server I have to go to each terminal and log out and then log back in now because I use vnc and teamviewer I don’t have to walk around but still connect to each one log out and then back in.

Seems like your automation solutions will achieve the same results.

There is also a update cashe action I beleive.

1 Like

Are you talking about this Autologout checkbox?

I only want to autologout when I make changes that needs logging out. That’s about it as we always need to be ready to sell lol. We might use this autologout feature in the future the way you described yours.

I saw Emre’s tutorial and another one on this forum mine at the moment is only necessary for changes. I might use a windows automation tool to achieve this.

Figured it out it [Ticket IDC] was the problem :slight_smile:

without knowing your use hard to sugest best plan but perhaps you could simply add a refresh cashe action on ticket closing rule in the mean time. Not sure how much additional load that would place on system.

My thought to reduce unnecessary refresh would be an admin button that sets per terminal global program setting like refresh_TerminalName to arbitrary value say 1.
Then a ticket closing rule to check for that terminals setting. If 1 refresh cashe and update that setting to 0 or null.

1 Like

I have checked Actions and Rules and don’t see a logout one so I am guessing that it needs to be created.

We will be using your RFID method in so 3-6 months as we need to define Roles as they currently overlap everywhere which is bad.

So are you saying that this could be done with Broadcasting and logout action? So if I close Restaurant at night and can send the manager a message/note on SambaPOS?

We are also experiencing this issue when a cashier rings a Sale but don’t close a ticket and it stays as open but the products were cancelled. Is there a way to close an idle sale?

My thought to reduce unnecessary refresh would be an admin button that sets per terminal global program setting like refresh_TerminalName to arbitrary value say 1.
Then a ticket closing rule to check for that terminals setting. If 1 refresh cashe and update that setting to 0 or null.

I would not mind to manually trigger it whenever I need it.

I wouldnt broadcast message personally and if you want manual id look to do the per terminal program setting flow.

Not sure what you mean about messaging manager.
Broadcast message is like a ping via message server, in itself it does nothing, you also need a rule to catch the broadcast and do something.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean about messaging manager.
Broadcast message is like a ping via message server, in itself it does nothing, you also need a rule to catch the broadcast and do something.

Okay I understand. so the ping or the broadcast responds to the request like ttl in cmd and then the Rule kicks in when this response happens.

Like leave instructions for the manager for the next day
I.e Call VIP customer to solve his issue at 10 am
Order 10 bags potatoes.
Train staff on newly introduced product.
lol my mind is running wild with ideas.

I guess you could but there would be better ways to do that, tasks for example, there is demo of daily tasks list etc on forum.

Its like this. I do use broadcast message on hotel setup.
Most of my PMS intergration scripts are mapped only to server as only one terminal wants to run the scripts to prevent duplication.
If scripts return an error server broadcasts message with error code.
Then i have a message received action to show popup with error message, so if there is an error all terminals get a popup when they login showing the script error from server.

I was trying to figure out how to format customer numbers like this in the Ticket Template 082-488-7140. I could do it on the system but it did not print like that on the receipt.

So I tried this by following this kb

<EB>
<L10>Name: {ENTITY NAME}
<L10>Ph/No:[=F('{ENTITY DATA:Phone}',<number>,<###-###-###>')]
<J10>Addr: {ENTITY DATA:Address}
  • The 3 upper marks should be single quotes marks (keys next to your “enter” key. I think you used back quotes (upper left on keyboard).
  • Your missing a 1 quote before your formatting (after the comma).
  • You have an extra comma.
  • In all 3 of your Entity tags, your missing the Entity Type, it should be {ENTITY NAME:Customers} {ENTITY DATA:Customers:Phone} & {ENTITY DATA:Customers:Address} When dealing with Entities, remember there also (usually) table entities. You need to define which one you want to work with.

Edit
The forum may have changed some characters from what you originally wanted posted.

Quote types shouldn’t matter so long as matched.
Issue will be opening quote on format.
As for entity type it would depend on where its used. If its within entities section specific for entity type it doesnt matter, which is where it would want to be unless you wanted empty value lines on tables and other entities.
Type obviously needed if in main layout section rather than entities subsection, or if used in non entity specific rule events.

1 Like

Hi guys it’s been a while I was starting to become obsessed with SambaPOS lol, we are experiencing Freezing and delays (sluggishness) when clicking between different entity screens.

What we done so far is to clear cache and cookies and restart the equipment.

How can we stress test Sambapos to see how many orders it can handle at the same time? Our busiest day seems like we hit 212 orders for delivery, 342 for Pickup and sales orders.

Note we have cloned the Delivery entity and Collection so it operates very similar. For Collection instead of a driver we just called it Pickup.
Any insight will be highly appreciated.